C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

‘59 door reveal question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 AM
cbernhardt
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 454 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Default ‘59 door reveal question

I was test fitting the windows and trim on my ’59 and I ran into a slight problem. The right and left outside molding reveal pieces (the stainless pieces that the fuzzies are stapled to) are of different designs. The right side piece attaches by using the two “twist lock” retainers as shown in the AIM. The left side piece (see picture below) has three holes that appear to be for mounting screws, but when the piece is in it’s proper position, there is nothing behind the holes to screw into. These holes do however match up with the three indentations in the top of the door fiberglass. So would this piece be for an earlier model? If so how was it attached?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 AM
prestige6
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by cbernhardt
I was test fitting the windows and trim on my ’59 and I ran into a slight problem. The right and left outside molding reveal pieces (the stainless pieces that the fuzzies are stapled to) are of different designs. The right side piece attaches by using the two “twist lock” retainers as shown in the AIM. The left side piece (see picture below) has three holes that appear to be for mounting screws, but when the piece is in it’s proper position, there is nothing behind the holes to screw into. These holes do however match up with the three indentations in the top of the door fiberglass. So would this piece be for an earlier model? If so how was it attached?
One is probally a 58...
Old 04-29-2010, 10:13 AM
cbernhardt
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 454 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

So is the top of the '58 door made differently than the 59-62?

Charles
Old 04-29-2010, 08:55 PM
vettefred
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 156 Posts

Charles,
The picture you posted looks just like the ones on my 58. I think (not positive) that 58 doors were different and the trim fuzzies differ too. I know the release **** is not the same as 59 on as it is in a different position.

Fred

Get notified of new replies

To ‘59 door reveal question

Quick Reply: ‘59 door reveal question