C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

brake line replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 PM
wirenut
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default brake line replacement

When upgrading to power disc brakes on a 63 convert what brake line kit should be used. There's a listing for 63 standard or power, but I was wondering if all the components get upgraded should I use a brake line from a later car that had power disc's, like a 65?
And if so they look to be available in both 1/4" and 3/16", is bigger better?
Old 05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Doug C Young
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am currently finishing up a 1963 Coupe that has been converted to 65-68 disc brakes. I am using 1/4" brake lines for both the front brakes to the front junction block and for the rear calipers to the rear junction block located on driver side behind the rear crossmember. For the main line from the rear driver junction block to the master cylinder I have made up 3/16" line. Also for the line from the front junction block to the master cylinder I also have made up a line of 3/16" line. I am using a 68-72 master cylinder. Hopes this works for you. DCY
Old 05-16-2010, 10:36 PM
mrtexas
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Default 63 disc brakes

I just got thru replacing the complete brake system including all the lines/blocks with disc front/rear and the complete ebrake system. I bought pre-made lines for the front left and right and used stock size lines from the dual MC to the front block and from the MC all the way back. I used all 3/16" lines as original. I don't think line size is important. What is important is the volume of fluid getting to the brakes. PM me if you have any more questions or would like pictures.

Get notified of new replies

To brake line replacement

Quick Reply: brake line replacement