C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Carlisle..Spring or Fall

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

Default Carlisle..Spring or Fall

When is the best time to go to Carlisle...in the Spring or in the Fall?

Thanks ...Stan
Old 05-16-2010, 11:47 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,314 Posts

If your looking for Corvette parts, then it's Corvettes@Carlisle in August by far.

Between Spring and Fall, Spring has more Corvette vendors (it's to soon after Corvettes@Carlisle for a lot them to come back to in the fall). Still you will find plenty of Corvette parts at either and pretty much every vendor space is sold out for Spring and Fall.

A lot of people (especially Europeans and South Americans) like Fall because they come to Fall and then stay for Hershey the following week. There's not much (ok, almost nothing) for Corvettes at Hershey, but it's still a great car show and if you want pre-war parts (that's WW II), or even something from the 40's or 50's, it's there!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

Thanks Glen..

I don't need any parts in particular...well everyone needs something. They just don't know it till they see it..ha!

Really the reason I'd like to go, is to see bunch of new creations for fresh ideas and get some new ideas on paint choices. (.. particularly in reference to custom and restomod C1's)

Plus.. I've never been before and would just like to see it. I'm not sure just how difficult it is to get motel rooms, or the cost of them and whether it's really worth the trip...I'm 1400 miles from there. Doesn't seem to be any close air terminals, and a car rental just adds to the bill for a sight seeing trip, if we did fly in.

I imagine $1,500 would be as inexpensive as it could be done..if we decided to drive up and back, and maybe $2,000. Add quite a bit more to fly...maybe double? I don't know about that, I haven't checked yet.

So I thought I'd ask if the Fall meet was still a big deal..or just so so?

Thanks for your thoughts...Stan

Last edited by Stan's Customs; 05-17-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Carlisle..Spring or Fall

Quick Reply: Carlisle..Spring or Fall