C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

'63 Coupe Upper & Rear Window Channel

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Rubyred
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default '63 Coupe Upper & Rear Window Channel

I was able to install the upper & rear window channel on the driver side of my '63 coupe with little problem. The passenger side in another story. The channel came with the clips in place, which will not seat in place. The rear went in OK, but the top clips will not go in. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Rubyred; 05-17-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Rubyred
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the next guy/gal, I wanted to share the response that I received from the NCRS Technical Discussion site:

"Richard,

this is very common. Concider yourself fortunate one side went in easy!! First what yoou need to check is that the clips are in position to go into the holes in the door frame. If not reposition them by unbending te tabs removing and relocating them. If they still wont go in you will need to d 2 things. First grind a little material off the inner sections of the green clips so it will compress more. Second you will need to ream out the holes in the door to allow the clips to snap in.
Lastly the channels sometimes need to have the end trimmed where it meets the vent window assembly.

Rich"

P.S. Thanks Rich, as usual the NCRS site contains a wealth of information.

Quick Reply: '63 Coupe Upper & Rear Window Channel