C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

cost of Vintage Air unit and a fair price to install

Old 06-03-2010, 08:25 PM
vetzs
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As John pointed out, the battery can stay where it is. Just one heads up, make sure any A/C or heater hoses have enough slack in them to change the battery out when necessary. I am assuming Vintage Air is similar to Custom Auto Air.
Never having installed Air in anything I did my car in a long week end. If I were to do it today, I'm older and stiffer, I would just take my time. Nothing really hard, just alot of self pride when done.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:56 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Received 194 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by vetzs
As John pointed out, the battery can stay where it is. Just one heads up, make sure any A/C or heater hoses have enough slack in them to change the battery out when necessary. I am assuming Vintage Air is similar to Custom Auto Air.
Never having installed Air in anything I did my car in a long week end. If I were to do it today, I'm older and stiffer, I would just take my time. Nothing really hard, just alot of self pride when done.
thanks for the input............and yes the young flexible body isn't so flexible anymore...........the days of doing yoga under the dash are long gone.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:19 AM
bopewells
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Boy, is that comment above cautioning to ensure the hose lengths are long enough to move out of the way for battery removal important. I have a '61 with Vintage Air and battery removal is a BITCH!!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:08 AM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

it is also worthwhile to have sufficient hose length to move the compressor out of the way without disconnecting the hoses; for instance if you have to remove a head or even remove the engine.
Bill
Old 06-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Texaspilot180
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm also shopping for an AC system for my 65 coupe, would prefer VA but willing to consider others if any type of "group buy" situation develops to get a better price.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:07 AM
smokey73
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group buy?

Thinking about an A/C for 64 327/300 coupe too. Any word on a group buy would be great!! It gets hot here in South Carolina.

PS - what should I be looking for on the exhaust manifold to determine if the alternator can be easily moved and any other Prep type things. The radiator seems to be holding temperature fine but tips on things to do and check in advance would be appreciated - might be a good sticky!

Last edited by smokey73; 06-04-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-04-2010, 12:36 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Received 194 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Texaspilot180
I'm also shopping for an AC system for my 65 coupe, would prefer VA but willing to consider others if any type of "group buy" situation develops to get a better price.
COUNT ME IN ON A GROUP BUY..............

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cost of Vintage Air unit and a fair price to install