C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

58 Firewall Hole Identification - Is this correct (see picture)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:47 AM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 65 Posts

Default 58 Firewall Hole Identification - Is this correct (see picture)

Hello -

I'm trying to identify the holes in my firewall. I took a picture of them and labled each, but I can't figure out how to post a picture on here. Is the only way you can do it is by using an http link?? Can't you just upload an image?

Anyway...

Two holes (locations) I'm not sure where they go...are the windshield washer hoses and the heater/vent cable controls. I'm thinking that I might have the speedometer cable hose mixed up with where the windshield washer hoses go.

I believe the heater controls go in the middle down below, but not sure exactly.

Perhaps if you're one of those people that know where everything goes, I can email you the picture and you can take a look at it.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2010, 01:45 AM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jusplainwacky
I took a picture of them and labled each, but I can't figure out how to post a picture on here. Is the only way you can do it is by using an http link?? Can't you just upload an image?
Howdy, supporting members (people who've paid a fee) can attach files from their computer, to their forum posts. However everyone else must upload their photos to a web site such as tinypic.com and then link them using the [IMG] reference.

Two holes (locations) I'm not sure where they go...are the windshield washer hoses and the heater/vent cable controls. I'm thinking that I might have the speedometer cable hose mixed up with where the windshield washer hoses go.

I believe the heater controls go in the middle down below, but not sure exactly.

Perhaps if you're one of those people that know where everything goes, I can email you the picture and you can take a look at it.

Thanks
I have a 62, so I don't know how closely it matches your 58, but here are photos of my firewall:

Windshield Washer Hoses

Vent cable: (ignore the white circle, that is pointing out something unrelated)
Old 11-04-2015, 08:33 PM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 65 Posts

I see when I asked this question the Corvette Forum didn't allow a person to post pictures/images. So I thought I'd throw mine up incase someone ever needs to visit this.

Here is what I came up with as far as firewall hole identification..
Attached Images     

Get notified of new replies

To 58 Firewall Hole Identification - Is this correct (see picture)

Quick Reply: 58 Firewall Hole Identification - Is this correct (see picture)