C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C1 or C2 LS engine and Trans Combo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Beggers
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

I just installed the T56 Tremec in my 58 with the SRIII as well, no cutting except the shifter relocation and removal of the ashtray pocket. Fits with plenty of room. Thread here:https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/3460100-58-with-sr-iii-chassis-2.html
Brian
Old 12-03-2014, 10:08 AM
BLOWNZO6
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickhsr
have you gotten any info on the t6060 tranny swap?
I am currently trying to put one in a 58 restomod and need info on shifter relocation, or modification. Thanks, Rick 501-680-8750
Rick sorry I did not answer you sooner... we ended up going with a kit from Keisler and then fixed it with parts from American Powertrain. We went to a TKO600 instead of the TR6060.

Honestly there wasn't a good way to fix the transmission location of the shifter with a stock Camaro transmission. Also would have had to significantly cut the floor on the car to make it fit.

I actually did a T56 Magnum from American Powertrain in a 64 Vette and it fit very well but still required the floor to be cut and raised.

Currently doing an LS2 and T56 in a 69 Vette and it fit without any floor modification and American Powertrain was able to supply a shifter to keep the shifter in the stock location.

Quick Reply: C1 or C2 LS engine and Trans Combo?