C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Who's the best...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 04:56 PM
matt houston
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Who's the best...

When it comes to Wonderbar Radio restoration?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:33 PM
chris ritchie
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Charles Siegfried.

http://charlesbsiegfried.com/

Hands down. There may be others just as good. But probably nobody better. There are probably guys less expensive. But you asked who was best. Siegfried's prices are fair. Not expensive. But not cheap.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:56 PM
scopeli
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

i would go with jerry rudbeck. among the best at restoring old radios, especially wonderbars. very reasonable and extremely good on updating you on the progress of your radio. he emails pictures and gives discriptions of the steps he takes in restoring your radio. not only will you get a beautifully restored radio, but you will be also be educated. 864-363-0947 or jerry@electrodesign.us
Old 11-24-2010, 06:14 PM
C2Dan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by matt houston
When it comes to Wonderbar Radio restoration?
I just had the original radio from my '65 (i.e. not a Wonderbar) rebuilt by Jerry Rudbeck at ElectroDesign in South Carolina. I couldn't be happier. I got lots of progress reports, educational (and sometimes humorous) emails, and sound advice. He also spent time on the phone with my mechanic, who was having trouble with the re-installation. The cost was surprisingly reasonable--I suspect Jerry is not getting rich from this activity. It's best to contact Jerry by email (jerry@electrodesign.us).
Old 11-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jerry retired and started to repair radios as a part time interest. Someone a few years back sent a picture of a crushed wonderbar in transit on the NCRS tech site. There was a before and after shot as the refurbishment looked awesome ! He was inundated with emails and phone call to repair other peoples wonderbars. He actually told me not to bother about sending mine to him he just thought he would never get to it he had soooo many radios to repair. (so much for retirement)

Charles Siegfried is the best radio guy going. He is not cheap but is the best there is. Don't take it anywhere else. Stewy
Old 11-24-2010, 06:52 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

Hey Stewy, I sent the radio for my 65 to Jerry last summer and it was returned within a couple of weeks. He is the best there is. Charles Siegfried has rebuilt the Wonderbar in my 60 twice so far. It's starting to act up again. This time it's going to Jerry for a performance upgrade and I-pod jack.

Jim
Old 11-24-2010, 06:52 PM
C2Dan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stewart Allison
He actually told me not to bother about sending mine to him he just thought he would never get to it he had soooo many radios to repair.
My radio was in Jerry Rudbeck's shop a total of nine days, in late October/early November 2010.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:40 PM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 854 Likes on 625 Posts

Just for another vendor, I used D&M restoration in Greenville, SC. They did my 62 Wonderbar and it works great although it wasn't long ago.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Who's the best...

Quick Reply: Who's the best...