Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

*General Grand Sport Topic*

Old 01-20-2019, 07:16 AM
roadster65
CF Senior Member

Thought I'd post this link to Mongoose . http://www.theoldone.com/grandsport/...grandsport.htm very informative on GS production - GV
The Following User Says Thank You to roadster65 For This Useful Post:
Mr. Wizzard (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 12:07 AM
keystonefarm
CF Senior Member

Default Gs

Have not posted here for awhile. Hope all are doing well. Just read that Coker Tire has purchased the Vintage Wheel Works. Vintage Wheel purchased the molds and stock of PSE who offered the best GS wheels. PSE for those who do not know was Phil Schmidt Engineering. Phil produced some excellent replicas of GS, Cobra GT-40 Kidney Bean , 5 spoke and Minilite wheels. Vintage did produce the 17'' variety but not the 15'' as did PSE. Maybe Coker will rethink the wheel offerings. ----------- Ken

Last edited by keystonefarm; 01-22-2019 at 12:09 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keystonefarm For This Useful Post:
jim lockwood (01-22-2019), Mr. Wizzard (01-22-2019)
Old 01-26-2019, 01:30 AM
vjjack04
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by tyoneal View Post
Hello:

Its been a little while, and I was wanting to know if there had been any new developments for the Intakes for the LS/LT platforms that look a lot like the one in this picture. I am close to being able to get the engine made for the car and would like to find the best performing and looking engine to go in the Bay of my car.

Thanks,

Ty O'Neal
theres this

http://haywardperformance.com
Old 02-06-2019, 11:55 AM
peterjank
CF Senior Member

Hello,

I have had my Mid-America Grand Sport Tribute posted in the C1 & C2 for sale section for several months. Thought I would provide a link here in case you know someone in the community interested in a Grand Sport tribute:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-illinois.html
Old 02-06-2019, 08:01 PM
burkh

Default Looking for a Seat Recommendation

I'm still new here , so I hope I am putting this in the right spot. Recently picked up D&D GS#111.
The seats in it are MOMO. The problem is I can't fit my 6'3" 240 lb self in them comfortably at all.
Feel like I am stuck in a box, and have no lateral leeway. With my wallet in my pocket, I can't even drop down onto it.
So I am looking for a seat recommendation, since I can't go to the store and try some out for size.
Not looking for an all out race seat, since I plan on mostly cruising and maybe checking out an occasional track day.
I would however like to continue to be able to use the 5 point harness.
I am attaching a PIC of the MOMO seat in the car now.
Thanks in advance.
Burk
Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2019, 08:40 PM
jim lockwood
CF Senior Member

Are the side bolsters in your way when getting in and out? I can see how they might be. However, if you do track days with the car, those bolsters will become your best friend the first time you enter turn 1.

One seat I can think of which sort of still has side bolsters but which might be easier to get in and out of is one from a late C3 Corvette.

Another possibility might be what's called a "bomber seat" sold by hot rod outlets such as Speedway Motors. I have never inspected one but from the pictures they seem to have possibilities.

Good luck,

Jim
Old 02-06-2019, 10:55 PM
3JsVette
CF Senior Member

A suggestion. Google images "vintage racing seats". You will see lots of choices. Most websites will give you the seat dimensions. You will be somewhat limited by the amount of room you have to work with between the console and door sill though.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:52 AM
Sam Kalmuk
CF Senior Member

2017 C2 of Year Finalist
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

As Jim suggested, try the C3 Seats... I have used them on my GS and they Fit, "Just Right" , but then, I am not as Big as you.... Buy a pair of Used C3 Seats, and then, "recover" them to your liking...Can use the 5-point seat belts also....
Old 02-07-2019, 02:36 PM
burkh

Thanks guys!
I appreciate your prompt suggestions.
I will be starting a better directed search.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *General Grand Sport Topic*

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: