C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Anyone bought from Vintage Corvettes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 05:53 PM
vettedrummer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 255 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Anyone bought from Vintage Corvettes?

Looking around at cars and wondering if anyone has any experience with Vintage in Ga. Thanks
Old 02-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Geralds57
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 596 Likes on 361 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

I assume it's Greg Wyatts place? I haven't bought any from him, but I did sell him a car. He only deals in high end cars with usually a Top Flight or Bloomington Gold credentials. He won't be cheap, but he does have nice cars. Good guy to deal with.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:22 PM
vettedrummer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Geralds57
I assume it's Greg Wyatts place? I haven't bought any from him, but I did sell him a car. He only deals in high end cars with usually a Top Flight or Bloomington Gold credentials. He won't be cheap, but he does have nice cars. Good guy to deal with.
Yes. That's the one.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What one are you looking at?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:57 PM
vettedrummer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by sixty4
What one are you looking at?
He has a pretty 60 Torquoise.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greg is about 15 miles from me. Top class cars and guy.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:36 PM
vettefred
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 156 Posts

One of our club members just purchased a second car from him at Kissimmee. He seems to be a good person to deal with.

Fred
Old 02-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Received 611 Likes on 333 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default Greg Wyatt

I have bought and traded cars with Greg in the past and he is one of the better dealers to deal with. As with any car and any dealer, know your stuff and verify everything. None of them want to or will tell you that an engine or other components are original and to some degree that is fair. Take your time and check everything that is important to you. Greg got his start as a restorer, so he has a very good understanding of what he is selling and how to buy quality cars. I would recommend that you go and look at the car and decide for yourself. The trip would be well worth it. Good luck.
Panama 58
Old 02-06-2011, 11:10 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,581 Likes on 818 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

My wife and I stopped by Greg's place on our way to FL at the end of December. What a nice guy and what an outstanding collection of Corvettes. He spent a lot of time with us and answered lots of questions. He let me sit in a couple of cars so my wife could take pictures (both cars I sat in were sold shortly thereafter).

I think Greg differs from a lot of dealers in that he's a "Corvette guy" and likes to talk about them whereas some of the other dealers just want to sell a car.

I will definitely be talking with Greg when I'm ready to buy. His cars are not inexpensive but they are top-notch and Greg strikes me as a fair and honest guy. I've never heard anything negative about him or his cars. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a car from him.

If the real estate market would open up so I could sell one of our rental properties, that white/maroon, PS, PB, A/C '65 convertible he just got in would be in my driveway .

-- Steve
Old 02-23-2018, 10:26 PM
Skymaster01
Cruising

Default My Experience at Vintage Corvettes

Originally Posted by RatDog
My wife and I stopped by Greg's place on our way to FL at the end of December. What a nice guy and what an outstanding collection of Corvettes. He spent a lot of time with us and answered lots of questions. He let me sit in a couple of cars so my wife could take pictures (both cars I sat in were sold shortly thereafter).

I think Greg differs from a lot of dealers in that he's a "Corvette guy" and likes to talk about them whereas some of the other dealers just want to sell a car.

I will definitely be talking with Greg when I'm ready to buy. His cars are not inexpensive but they are top-notch and Greg strikes me as a fair and honest guy. I've never heard anything negative about him or his cars. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a car from him.

If the real estate market would open up so I could sell one of our rental properties, that white/maroon, PS, PB, A/C '65 convertible he just got in would be in my driveway .

-- Steve
Spent $500 to fly down and see two 1962 corvettes . White 340HP and Black 300HP .
Neither car was as described on the web site . It would take far to long to write everything that was wrong , but for starters the window crank on the passenger door fell off when I touched it on the white car ... That was the least of it .
On the "Duntov" , no where on the web site does it mention the crack in the paint/ fiberglass dead center on the edge of nose near hood or the various paint issues , falling off gas pedel , etc . So BUYER BEWARE . Greg stated he does most of his business online and over the phone. Perhaps because if you go there you will most likely not buy .
Add to this was the fact that he would not take the car out of the showroom unless I guaranteed him I would right a check . Refused to even put the top down until I insisted . At which point saw more paint issues and some damaged weather stripping on the top.. All he kept repeating was Duntov Duntov , like that was a magic word . For $105,000 .00 I would have expected a better car and much better treatment . Typical used car dealer , happens to have a nice showroom . If you do consider one of the cars there make sure you go see it first . The $500 I spent going there saved me from making a $105,000.00 mistake
Old 02-24-2018, 09:44 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,581 Likes on 818 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Skymaster01
Spent $500 to fly down and see two 1962 corvettes . White 340HP and Black 300HP .
Neither car was as described on the web site . It would take far to long to write everything that was wrong , but for starters the window crank on the passenger door fell off when I touched it on the white car ... That was the least of it .
On the "Duntov" , no where on the web site does it mention the crack in the paint/ fiberglass dead center on the edge of nose near hood or the various paint issues , falling off gas pedel , etc . So BUYER BEWARE . Greg stated he does most of his business online and over the phone. Perhaps because if you go there you will most likely not buy .
Add to this was the fact that he would not take the car out of the showroom unless I guaranteed him I would right a check . Refused to even put the top down until I insisted . At which point saw more paint issues and some damaged weather stripping on the top.. All he kept repeating was Duntov Duntov , like that was a magic word . For $105,000 .00 I would have expected a better car and much better treatment . Typical used car dealer , happens to have a nice showroom . If you do consider one of the cars there make sure you go see it first . The $500 I spent going there saved me from making a $105,000.00 mistake
My post was from 7 years ago. I bought my ‘67 from Greg 5 years ago and have been happy with the car and the way he treated me and my wife.

But you always have to check out a car or have it inspected for you before you buy no matter where you buy it. Kudos for doing your due diligence.

Steve
Old 02-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

This is interesting. A first time poster tags a 7 year old thread and details his dislike of two cars. Oh well. Dennis
Old 02-24-2018, 04:17 PM
Skymaster01
Cruising

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67
This is interesting. A first time poster tags a 7 year old thread and details his dislike of two cars. Oh well. Dennis
Well , the reason I did this was in the hopes that if anyone else was considering a car from vintage corvettes they would not count on the web site and pictures being correct .
They most likely would do what I did and find this thread .
Having said that , although I am a first time poster, I have been in the auto business for over 30 years . From sales to finance , sales management , appraisels and purchase of inventory for multi line dealerships .
Never once in all that time did I ever gloss over the true condition of a vehicle . Perhaps it was the way I was raised . There is no gray area when it comes to the truth .

I am in no way stating anything as to the veracity and character of anyone , however in the case of the two cars I went to see , both were not what I would have expected based on the description or the price .
If you think I would have been better serving the community by starting a new thread I understand .
Have a great day !!
Old 02-24-2018, 05:22 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,326 Likes on 2,774 Posts

If you have a complaint about a transaction, that would belong in the Transaction Feedback section.

Its legitimate to post a negative response to a general inquiry thread, but when it appears you joined the forum for the purpose of complaining about someone and you do it by resurrecting a 7 year old thread, thats not the way to go about it.
The following 4 users liked this post by vettebuyer6369:
Bluestripe67 (02-24-2018), Kerrmudgeon (02-24-2018), Skymaster01 (02-24-2018), warrenmj (02-24-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone bought from Vintage Corvettes?

Quick Reply: Anyone bought from Vintage Corvettes?