C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

A dream, true, Chip & Lance Miller, Corvettes of Carlisle, 50th anniv, 1st vette win

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 PM
LenPalmer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A dream, true, Chip & Lance Miller, Corvettes of Carlisle, 50th anniv, 1st vette win

On Apr 5, 2011, at 1:55 PM, "Len Palmer" <Lenpalmail@earthlink.net> wrote:
All,

Corvette passion, human interest... All the ingredients, I thought you might enjoy the following.

The email below comes from Lance Miller, relative to his Dad Chip Miller founder of Corvettes of Carlisle. Lance is his son.

Chip wanted to get the original racer that won LeMans for Corvette (first ever) 50 years ago and restore the car, participate in the 50th anniversary ceremony at LeMans last Sept. as a no. 1 desire. Chip died a while back at an early age. Lance has formed a foundation in his Dad’s memory to find a quicker cure to the problem and fulfill his Dad’s dream.

The film that is talked about below is a documentary of the activities, events that occurred as the dream came to reality.

All this is about our passion for Corvettes, and how much our families mean. Michael Brown productions produced the film and is donating the proceeds to the Chip Miller foundation. Pretty special.

John Hinckley often says Corvette is not about the cars but about the people. This is an example of that in spades.

Enjoy the movie clip. If you can get to Carlisle, Lance would really appreciate on May 6. Help spread the word.

See the email below.

Len Palmer
64 roadster

Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 10:17 AM
To: Lance Miller
Subject: "The Quest" docuementary world premiere - May 6 - Carlisle Theater

I wanted to make sure you were aware of our upcoming premiere of the documentary “The Quest” on May 6, 2011 at the Carlisle Theatre in Carlisle, PA. A dear friend of mine, Michael Brown, took more than a year of time and energy out of his life to focus on “The Quest.” Once complete, Michael informed the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation that he would donate all proceeds from the world premiere to the Foundation. Our board members were floored by his generosity and we jumped right into making the arrangements.

I’m thrilled to announce this one-time special viewing will be held in Carlisle, PA where my father and Bill started their collector car events business. Located in downtown Carlisle, The Carlisle Theatre is an elegant theater with plenty of character making it the perfect place to premier this superbly captured story about my father’s dream. I’d like to take this opportunity to invite you to the website that shares the price, trailer and more regarding our event.

Please help us spread the word about this wonderful event by forwarding this email to all of your friends, relatives and anyone you think may have an interest in attending.

MORE INFORMATION: http://questdocumentary.com

DOCUMENTARY TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTfr6jaP1zI

Thank you for your time and support!

Life is good,

Lance

Lance Miller
Partner / Owner
Carlisle Events
(717) 243-7855 x 115
lancem@carlisleevents.com
<image001.jpg>
2011 Schedule of Events:
• Spring Carlisle & Auction - April 27-May 1
• Carlisle Performance & Style - May 14-15
• Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals - May 20-22
• Carlisle Ford Nationals - June 3-5
• Carlisle GM Nationals - June 24-26
• Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - July 8-10
• Carlisle Bike Fest - July 22-24
• Carlisle Truck Nationals - August 5-7
• Corvettes at Carlisle - August 26-28
• Fall Carlisle & Auction - Sept. 28-Oct. 2
Stay up to date by signing up for the official Carlisle Email Newsletter - CLICK HERE!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:34 PM
timcurl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'the quest'

Wanted to thank Len for his post. 'THE QUEST' is a film that has something for everyone, I truly believe. Corvette historians, enthusiasts, drivers, restorers and collectors will obviously be drawn to the story, I hope. But even 'non-car/non-Corvette' types will find several human interest and touching stories within the core story. Since no one has seen the film yet and may only have seen one of the film's trailers, I'd like to post this additional information:

Some facts about the film :

- 'THE QUEST' is an original feature-length movie at approximately 84 minutes. It has an enormous amount of production value built in.

- The story was shot in Europe/France and in a dozen U.S. states, coast to coast, by my crew and me.

- It has a great deal of visual support material, historical film, photographs and graphics/animation along with interviews
of key players in the story's 50 year story that have never been seen before.

- While the core story is about Chip Miller's 'quest' to find, acquire and restore the historic #3 Cunningham Corvette and
return it to France for the 50th anniversary of its class win, it is also Lance's story...to pick up the dream of his Dad's
that was cut short when Chip died from amyloidosis. Lance then had a 'quest' of his own.

- Back stories include the history of the 1960 LeMans race, the first-ever entry of 4 American-made Corvettes, their
owners and drivers.

- Further, it is the story of what happened to these 4 automobiles after the 1960 LeMans race and the re-creation of
their ownership history and the whole restoration movement which came to life in the 1980s. Enthusiasts finally
realized the historical significance of these cars...and the importance of preserving their history.

The film Premieres a month from today in Carlisle. All proceeds from the Premiere will benefit the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation, which passes all funds to research on amyloidosis...the disease that took Chip
Miller's life in 2004.

I hope to see may Forum posters at the Premiere.

Thanks...
Michael Brown
Producer/Director
'THE QUEST'
www.questdocumentary.com
Old 04-06-2011, 02:24 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Would love to see the film, but the premier is the week after Spring Carlisle
Old 04-06-2011, 02:54 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm hoping Lance and crew will have a big drive-in night on the fairgrounds(1) during Corvettes at Carlisle to feature "The Quest" among the family. A $20/vehicle donation would be fine with me!

Now THAT would be a spectacle!

(1) If getting a big enough screen and projector is not possible for the fairgrounds, are there any drive-in theatres nr Carlisle?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,939 Likes on 4,780 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I am thinking about going to go see it. its only 20 miles from my house

Get notified of new replies

To A dream, true, Chip & Lance Miller, Corvettes of Carlisle, 50th anniv, 1st vette win

Quick Reply: A dream, true, Chip & Lance Miller, Corvettes of Carlisle, 50th anniv, 1st vette win