C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

The Car is packed and Canada awaits

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 408 Likes on 262 Posts

Default Surfing Safari

Originally Posted by Olustee bus
Sunscreen Jack, lots of suncream as I know that top may not ever go up!
Training all my life in the sun. Hail, now that's a different story.

Its a tough job and somebody has to do it.

My friend Ed Peters, still life guarding at 67 at Jones Beach , Long Island NY , my home away from home before I moved to New England 35 years ago.

Jack

Jack

Last edited by Jackfit; 06-07-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackfit
Any contacts or friends you may have in Ottawa would be great to meet. Let me know, as usuall , I just get in my car and drive, and hope the Gods will take care of me.

Look forward to meeting you if possible.

Jack

Sorry but, GO Boston Bruins
Boston Who?

Our buddies Kerrmudgeon and Paul '74 are from Ottawa, let's see what they can stir up. There's a great club in that area with cars from all generations. Capital Corvette Club

http://www.capitalcorvetteclub.ca/
Old 06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

I hope to meet as many of our Canadian members as possible. I was hoping to meet you as you post quite a bit and I enjoy your posts. I hope to be in Montreal on Sunday night, and I have Monday open, I am staying in Toronto on Tuesday, Paul Uptime, is putting a little gathering together.

I would like to post as many pictures as possible of members on my way to Novi. Any contacts or friends you may have in Ottawa would be great to meet. Let me know, as usuall , I just get in my car and drive, and hope the Gods will take care of me.

Look forward to meeting you if possible.

Jack
For anyone interested in stopping by July 19, we're on the lake in South Etobicoke and will have a little Corvette party here. We're going to give Jack a little practice on his presentation, on the big screen in our training room. We've enjoyed a fair bit of cross-country touring in our '65 convertible too - and if you can share any pictures of your own C1/C2 classic touring, then all the better!

I'm thinking of a little Lake Shore cruise too - let's show Jack some Toronto hospitality!

Please PM me for details....
Old 06-07-2011, 11:12 PM
midyearvette
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rayvaflav
Jackfit allowed back in Canada ? Looks like the Great White North has finally dropped it's extradition treaty .

Ray (Zut Alors Jacques !)
...bring it jack!.....i'll see you in huron and the timing could not be better, let's hope the weather is good for the weekend on erie!.....godspeed JACKFIT...
Old 06-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Yes sir

Originally Posted by midyearvette
...bring it jack!.....i'll see you in huron and the timing could not be better, let's hope the weather is good for the weekend on erie!.....godspeed JACKFIT...
Can't wait, I have a new pair of slippers for the ride. Hope you like them.

Jack

PS

Boy is this fun. I have been in a funk for quite a few months , actually, since I got home from the last trip. I really love being on the road again. The planning (little as possible) work on the car (me, and you know what that means) new roads, towns , strangers, adventure, and some great people to meet again .

My Holley sends its respects along with a hello from my distributor .

Cheers

Last edited by Jackfit; 06-07-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Jack, I'm in Ottawa, about 60 miles from the 401, and Rob Fearon (3 Corvettes last time i yakked with him) is about 25 minutes away. You are more than welcome to share some Sky with me and pitch your tent or couch it here. The Canadian parliament buildings are a sight to see, and it is the capital of Canada!!!, and it's a real pretty city!

Can't measure up to what I've seen in the past as to accommodations, but you are welcome bud!.....

Last edited by Kerrmudgeon; 06-07-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default I was waiting to hear from you

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon
Jack, I'm in Ottawa, about 60 miles from the 401, and Rob Fearon (3 Corvettes last time i yakked with him) is about 25 minutes away. You are more than welcome to share some Sky with me and pitch your tent or couch it here. The Canadian parliament buildings are a sight to see, and it is the capital of Canada!!!, and it's a real pretty city!

Can't measure up to what I've seen in the past as to accommodations, but you are welcome bud!.....
I was going to mention you in my last post but could not remember how to spell you handle. Couch or tent is fine with me. Now I am all set.

One night in Montreal, one night in Ottawa, one night in Toronto,
Knowing where you are going to stay makes the trip much more fun

Now I have to find places to stay in Novi. Maybe I will pitch my tent in front of the convention center, PM me with contact info.

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang.

Jack

Ps you place has to be better than some of the places I have stayed .

Last edited by Jackfit; 06-08-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I was going to mention you in my last post but could not remember how to spell you handle. Couch or tent is fine with me. Now I am all set.
One night in Montreal, one night in Ottawa, one night in Toronto,
Knowing where you are going to stay makes the trip much more fun
Jack
email sent, let me know if you got it. Robbie

PS.....you better bone up on your litres, and kilometers per hour, etc, conversions!
100 up here doesn't mean you can wind it up! (62mph) hahaha!

Last edited by Kerrmudgeon; 06-08-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Fawndeuce
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi Paul, I will be in Montreal on Sunday , I leave ME on Sunday morning and should be there later in the day. I have my tent and I use it, so , if no other place opens up , a backyard sounds great. I used my tent quite a bit on my last trip.

PM with your address, and phone. Looks like I have one stop done. Toronto would be the next stop on Monday or Tuesday if I stop somewhere on the way.

I know there are a few members in your area and it would be great meeting them.

I look forward to meeting you

Jack
Hi again Jack,
I just PM'd you back, the road tour begins in Kingston Ontario on Sat the 16th, so unfortunately I will not be in Montreal on the 17th when you arrive.
Can anyone else from "La Belle Province" step up to welcome our friend Jack to our fair city?
Sorry the timing didn't work out, but promise I'll buy you a cold one in Novi.

Paul
Old 06-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Jack-

I got my calender screwed up - we're away June 17th but will be here July 17th. If you don't mind dogs and cats, there'll be a spare bed waiting for you if you wish.

Shoot me a PM if this works for you. It sounds like most of the local guys will have already left for Novi by that date, but we'll get something organized.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:23 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 979 Likes on 491 Posts

Jack, I'm in Ottawa, about 60 miles from the 401, and Rob Fearon (3 Corvettes last time i yakked with him) is about 25 minutes away. You are more than welcome to share some Sky with me and pitch your tent or couch it here. Can't measure up to what I've seen in the past as to accommodations, but you are welcome bud!.....
Oh now Jacques, no trip to The Great White North would be "Courvette Forume Compleat' " without a visit to Forum Menber Canadien Robespierre. I am sure that Sir Kerr-Ma-Lot will provide you with the maple-flagged wrapped gift of LaBatt's and mutton.

Raieaugheaix
Old 06-10-2011, 05:48 AM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default On my way

email sent, let me know if you got it. Robbie

PS.....you better bone up on your litres, and kilometers per hour, etc, conversions!
100 up here doesn't mean you can wind it up! (62mph) hahaha!
My car has new stealth paint. Radar can't see it , even in kilometers and if medicated properly, I won't care.

See you all soon.

Looks like the Canandian part of trip is set. Now need to work on the trip back home through Ohio, PA NY Vermont MA and back to ME

As I have said, Maine is a great place to drive your cars, and my place ( just outside of Portland ) is a great spot to tour from.

Mi Casa , su Casa, or something like that

Jack
Old 06-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Back to the Beach Weekend at Old Orchard Beach ME

Hi ,

As most of you know, I am not an avid car show attendee. I spend most of my time driving my car. This weekend was an exception. Car Clubs from MA, CT, NH and Road Island have an annual weekend car show at Old Orchard Beach here in ME. Last year my car was still being worked on for my 48 state trip and I was not able to bring my car.

Old Orchard Beach is a resort area that many Canadians come to during the summer to get some sun and fun.

I jumped in my car and drove down to see what was up. Well, as you can see by the following pictures that the show was a success. Even thought the weather was a little wet, more than 120 cars and owners showed up.

I was lucky to be ushered right to the front of the meeting place and first in line at the parade. Seems like C1 or C2 cars are still hits at shows. Only 4 C1s and 6 C2s at the show.

Fox TV network has a car show called " Rock and Roll Car show Classics " that is shown in the North East was interviewing participants and I was lucky to be interviewed about my car and my 48 State Trip last year.

I look forward to my visit to Canada on my way to Novi , MI for the NCRS National Convention. No, I am not having my car judged, but I hope to see some pretty nice cars while there. ( I am giving a presentation on my 48 state trip.)

Jack

Old 06-12-2011, 03:43 PM
midyearvette
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Can't wait, I have a new pair of slippers for the ride. Hope you like them.

Jack

PS

Boy is this fun. I have been in a funk for quite a few months , actually, since I got home from the last trip. I really love being on the road again. The planning (little as possible) work on the car (me, and you know what that means) new roads, towns , strangers, adventure, and some great people to meet again .

My Holley sends its respects along with a hello from my distributor .

Cheers
cool!!....kinda' like a homecoming in huron, john and judy know of the escapade
i hope the slippers are better than the ugly azz ones from the last trip....
Old 06-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default New Slippers

Originally Posted by midyearvette
cool!!....kinda' like a homecoming in huron, john and judy know of the escapade
i hope the slippers are better than the ugly azz ones from the last trip....
Great support and very comfortable

Jack

Old 06-12-2011, 08:12 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Sheesh! Hope your ankles look better than that, Jack!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,010 Likes on 2,529 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Nice pics, but WHAT is that red thing with a HORSE on it sneaking in there?!?

Think you said you're coming back through Rochester NY. Dunno if you associate with C-4 owners, but I USED to have 2 C-1s and 2 C-2s (and eventually will have another of one or the other) so maybe I'm OK Let me know if your schedule looks open at that part of the trip. We can offer white hot dogs, local beer, high gas prices, well, never mind that part.....

Get notified of new replies

To The Car is packed and Canada awaits

Old 06-12-2011, 09:37 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulUptime
Sheesh! Hope your ankles look better than that, Jack!
Those aren't ankles, they are "cankles".
Old 06-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default You learn how

Originally Posted by Railroadman
Nice pics, but WHAT is that red thing with a HORSE on it sneaking in there?!?

Think you said you're coming back through Rochester NY. Dunno if you associate with C-4 owners, but I USED to have 2 C-1s and 2 C-2s (and eventually will have another of one or the other) so maybe I'm OK Let me know if your schedule looks open at that part of the trip. We can offer white hot dogs, local beer, high gas prices, well, never mind that part.....
I can lie down with dogs , cats and even C3 to C7's . You can see my projected route on this map. I hope to see quite a few of Rochester area members on my way . Back . Now that my outbound route and visits are set, my inbound route will start to form.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...bc787f&t=h&z=6

I met some NCRS members and CF members last summer on my 48 state trip, and hope to see them and others that I missed.

PM with your info so I can start putting dots on the map.

Jack

PS the Mustang was driven by a friend of the white 62 next to me in line. Safety in travel. I wonder which car was more reliable?

Last edited by Jackfit; 06-12-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:01 PM
mikey
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

hey jack,
just a quick note, i installed the 3rd latch per your instructions prior to the hot rod power tour and it worked great. a note on improvement to the part, as i was having trouble with the threaded catch post pulling out under tension.. a small nut fits on the middle of the post in the latch, and ensures the threaded post will not pull out. i ran 110mph at valdosta drag strip and the top held down just fine! rain in michigan yielded minimal drips from the windshield header.

enjoy your canadian tour!

-mikey

Quick Reply: The Car is packed and Canada awaits