C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Visiting Conn., and Chasing Classic Cars

Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 PM
OCS1667
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Visiting Conn., and Chasing Classic Cars

Just returned home to the desert after visiting a friend in Stratford Conn.. I always enjoy the show and since it was a little over 1 hour away we drove up. Wayne was not in but the cars were and these are some that were on display.

I have always poked fun of those that live on the east coast with their winters, but to look forward to the rest of the year is well worth it. The state is beautiful. The roads are perfect for Corvettes, I thank I'll add this to my bucket list as one place I want to drive mine.

Oh yes what is with the humidity, it hardly get above 30% here and it had to be over 60% or more there, I was wet all the time.

The drive to Lime Rock from Stratford on state roads through Kent and Cornwall, with it's covered bridge was incredible. The races on Monday the 30th were great, anybody there by chance.

I had more pics but the transfer of one at a time is a bummer, can you copy more at a time on photobucket.

Dennis

Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 AM
wow
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Whuuut??? No Corvettes???
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Bruce Wayne
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Of course he wasn't in....He was out "Chasing Classic Cars!"
Old 06-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Subfixer
POSSE ZR-1 Driver
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts

I've been to a few of Wayne's Coffee and Cars on Saturday mornings. He does have some interesting iron over there.

I was at Lime Rock on Saturday for the Continental Races and again on Monday for the Rolex Grand Am. Suntrust ran away with the DP race. Boris was spectacular in the 31 Corvette. I can't figure out how Curran got it down to 5th.

All in all a great weekend.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Mossy66
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Did you get to meet that cranky old fart mechanic? He's a riot!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:37 PM
OCS1667
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul, I had a problem referring you as subfixer so I looked up your given name. Wayne had a C-2, but it was a run of the mill driver.

I stopped by the Corvette Corral, at Lime Rock, only new, 5-6's there with a couple Callaways. Talked to a owner of one, a real big guy.

The only C-2 I saw was this one, it was a 65, with roll bar, 5 point seats belts. Was it yours, looked to be set up for auto cross.

My friend goes all the time and usually takes his 63 Mark 3 Healy, It was raining a little when we left and on the way but cleared when we got to Lime Rock. We sat on a slope over looking the S'S. I enjoyed spending time in the paddocks.

Great sports car country except for the humidity, less then 16% here today.

I looked for the older mech, but he was not there.

Dennis

Old 06-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Subfixer
POSSE ZR-1 Driver
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts

If the really big guy had a LeMans Calaway, his name is John. He lives over on this side of the state. He's in the "For Corvettes Only" Club.

My C2 is a White 64 Convertable. I didn't drive it up to Lime Rock as I'm having intermittant ignition issues. It was raining on the way there and hot on the way back, so I took the more "comfortable" car. I didn't know there was a Corvette Corral until the end of the day when I passed it on the way out.

I was on the hill overlooking Big Bend and the S's.

Get notified of new replies

To Visiting Conn., and Chasing Classic Cars

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Visiting Conn., and Chasing Classic Cars