C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Good News I have a source for the BFG 305/50/15, the bad news, ......

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 05:51 PM
tyoneal
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Good News I have a source for the BFG 305/50/15, the bad news, ......

Hello:

Have been looking for the BFG 305/50/15 tires for my Grand Sport Vette. Many of the Cobra drivers prefer this tire as well, and they have needed them for a long time.

I found a source for these tires.

Believe it or not, Coker Tire now owns molds for this tires and list them in their computers at $156 each.

Until now they have not made them as there has not been an initial push to get them made. They would like to make about two hundred on the initial run. While talking to Eric they should be able to make a run of these if enough people would be willing to make it worth their time.

Reading between the lines I thinking if we posted this information on a number of the websites that cater to this niche of the market, if should be possible to get at least this many ordered or more.

Looking at it, I would take 6 myself.

What do you all think?

I am guessing that If eric was made the point man, and people that were interested could call him and put their name on a waiting list to get a set, and when they get close, Coker could go ahead and pop those out.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ty
Old 06-08-2011, 07:03 PM
tyoneal
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Hello:

I called Eric back, and they would like to see a market of around 750 sets. If interest was shown it would be possible. They need to make money, but the molds for these tires aren't making any money sitting on the floor idle.

So it may be a long shot, but with the Cobra, GT 40, Grand Sport Corvette, plus numerous other vintage cars that run 15 inch wheels could benefit from these ties.

If you want, I would be happy to post a standard message on the different website about this possibility, and if you wouldn't mind posting some different websites that you think would help let the people know what the deal is about getting these made.

Feel free to give me some feedback.

Thanks,

Ty O'Neal
=======================================

Here is the proposed letter (Please read and correct or help reword, (I'm really tired at the moment)

=======================================
To Fellow Vintage Car Drivers:

Many of us who drive older Race Cars, Replicas, and Hot Rods, are loosing choices in the tires that are available for our cars that use 15 inch tires.

One specific tire that comes to mind are the BFGoodrich Euro T/A's, in the 305/50/15 size. These are "H" Rated, and 28 inches tall. They fit on wheels in the 10 inch wide size approximately.

Apparently these were discontinued 7 or 8 years ago by BFGoodrich. They are still sought after as NOS, or even used on ebay and Craig's list.

I spoke with a gentleman named, "Eric", at, "Coker Tires", and he mentioned that:

1) They bought the Molds for these tires

2) These are set up in their computers for sell at $156.00 each

3) They would like an initial run of about 750 sets if possible.

Coker Tire's phone number is, 1 (877) 403-7956, and their website is, www.cokertire.com. If you have some interest in buying some of these tries if they were produced, please contact them and let them know. I don't know if there is a possibility to have a list created of people waiting in line to buy a sets, but at least initially, if you can contact them and leave your email address so if there was sufficient demand they could send out a mass mailing to us with the purchasing information.

Feel free to comment about this especially if you have some ideas how to make achieving this possibility easier.

I look forward to hearing from you, and further, I look forward to having you email "Eric", or the VP of Marketing or any manager that could be in a position of decision making, of Coker directly.

Thanks,

Ty O'Neal

======================================== =====

Originally Posted by tyoneal
Hello:

Have been looking for the BFG 305/50/15 tires for my Grand Sport Vette. Many of the Cobra drivers prefer this tire as well, and they have needed them for a long time.

Believe it or not, Coker Tire now owns molds for this tires and list them in their computers at $156 each.

Until now they have not made them as there has not been an initial push to get them made. They would like to make about two hundred on the initial run. While talking to Eric they should be able to make a run of these if enough people would be willing to make it worth their time.

Reading between the lines I thinking if we posted this information on a number of the websites that cater to this niche of the market, if should be possible to get at least this many ordered or more.

What do you all think?

I am guessing that If eric was made the point man, and people that were interested could call him and put their name on a waiting list to get a set, and when they get close, Coker could go ahead and pop those out.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ty
Old 06-09-2011, 05:17 AM
tyoneal
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Does anyone have any thoughts on this idea, one way or the other?

Ty
Old 06-14-2011, 01:28 AM
FastEddy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would definitely buy 4 right now. Should I contact their site?
Old 06-14-2011, 03:29 AM
mechron
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FastEddy
FAST Eddy, i remember the crash. that was back way backs in 2007.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:27 AM
tyoneal
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FastEddy
===============================

It can't hurt, also where do you think it would be good to post this information.

Corvette Clubs, Hot Rod Links, Cobra Sites, Superformance, Mongoose Motorsports, Mid-America Industries. All the car magazine sites, HAMB. GT40 sites, etc.

If you list some I'll send a letter, or if you send a letter, mention where you listed it so we don't duplicate any.

Anyone know of some good "Master Link" Pages that have a ton of car sites on them?

Give Eric a call, and tell him what you want.

Ty
Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 PM
FastEddy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mechron
FAST Eddy, i remember the crash. that was back way backs in 2007.
and she's back on the road as of a few weeks ago - driven it every single day ever since.........

The reason I say four, is just because it sounds like they are talking a one time deal. All those places mentioned sound like the right places.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:10 AM
1986c10inchwheel
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 305 50 15

I need 4 put me on the list

What do you all think?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ty[/QUOTE]
Old 06-27-2015, 11:36 AM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,465 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

This tread is 4 years old. You may not get results! Dennis
Old 06-27-2015, 11:50 AM
jim lockwood
Race Director

Received 6,513 Likes on 2,999 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67
This tread is 4 years old. You may not get results! Dennis
Nice pun!
Old 06-27-2015, 03:30 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Default HR again only, why?

WHy? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?
Old 07-03-2015, 09:15 AM
FastEddy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TCracingCA
WHy? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?
Cause everybody can't be a brilliant blogger?
Old 05-04-2017, 02:45 AM
Rene GW Seager
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 never used 305/50 R15 Z rated comp T/A I have no need of if anyone's interested as well as two unused 205/50R15 Z rated comp T/A
Old 05-04-2017, 10:21 AM
ohiovet
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts
2016 C1 of Year Finalist

Coker would probably love to make them but be prepared to pay dearly....
Old 05-04-2017, 12:39 PM
GCD1962
Race Director

Received 160 Likes on 121 Posts

keep in mind that Coker does not actually make the tires themselves. Other tire makers produce them for Coker eventhough Coker owns the molds. Most likely firm is McCreary Tire and Rubber.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:30 PM
ohiovet
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts
2016 C1 of Year Finalist

Before you accept any tire from Coker be sure to inspect it. I bought some Firestone bias 560 15 tires and 5 to 8 inches of tread were filled with rubber. Had a heck of a time balancing them.
They obviously do not inspect their products.

Get notified of new replies

To Good News I have a source for the BFG 305/50/15, the bad news, ......

Quick Reply: Good News I have a source for the BFG 305/50/15, the bad news, ......