C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Looking for old thread about Vintage Air fresh air mod.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 01:40 PM
vmaxss
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Looking for old thread about Vintage Air fresh air mod.

I tried the search for over an hour and could not find a thread about a modification to Vintage Air on a C1 that you could run the refrigerant lines through the fresh air vent by getting C2 evaporator fittings. This was a great post with pictures. If someone could direct me or give a link it would be helpfull. The sales person from Vintage Air is also curious. Thanks,
Scott
Old 06-20-2012, 01:31 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by vmaxss
I tried the search for over an hour and could not find a thread about a modification to Vintage Air on a C1 that you could run the refrigerant lines through the fresh air vent by getting C2 evaporator fittings. This was a great post with pictures. If someone could direct me or give a link it would be helpfull. The sales person from Vintage Air is also curious. Thanks,
Scott
Scott,

I guess that I am not sure what you are asking, but the current Vintage Air system sold for C1 cars, route the refrigerant lines through a blank-off plate that covers the hole where the original fresh air inlet was. Go to their website and download the evaporator installation instructions. No special fittings needed, this is the way the current product they sell installs.

Regards, John McGraw

Quick Reply: Looking for old thread about Vintage Air fresh air mod.