C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

GM part number lookup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 08:18 PM
emdoller
Melting Slicks

Received 479 Likes on 336 Posts

Default GM part number lookup?

Is there any place I can to lookup a GM part number that's listed in the assembly manual to get more details? For example, if they show a bolt and have a part number it would be nice to know more about it like size, etc.

Any idea?

Ed
Old 07-30-2011, 08:47 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

GM Parts/Accessory catalogue is the easiest to obtain. Some standard part descriptions are listed in the group where they're listed. Otherwise there is a reference to the fastener in the standard parts group of the catalogue. Just make sure the P&A catalogue you obtain has the standard parts group in it. I can't remember what the group number is offhand.

Another source is the master set of GM fastener catalogue books. There books list every fastener GM ever used along with a complete descrition of the part. Very hard to obtain.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:27 PM
emdoller
Melting Slicks

Received 479 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeM
GM Parts/Accessory catalogue is the easiest to obtain. Some standard part descriptions are listed in the group where they're listed. Otherwise there is a reference to the fastener in the standard parts group of the catalogue. Just make sure the P&A catalogue you obtain has the standard parts group in it. I can't remember what the group number is offhand.

Another source is the master set of GM fastener catalogue books. There books list every fastener GM ever used along with a complete descrition of the part. Very hard to obtain.
Thanks. I'll try to find one.

Ed
Old 07-31-2011, 03:14 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,017 Likes on 1,309 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeM
GM Parts/Accessory catalogue is the easiest to obtain. Some standard part descriptions are listed in the group where they're listed. Otherwise there is a reference to the fastener in the standard parts group of the catalogue. Just make sure the P&A catalogue you obtain has the standard parts group in it.
Unfortunately, very few Corvette Parts Books contain the Standard Parts Book. Usually they are a separate stand alone book, and very hard to find.

Even with the Standard Parts Catalog, specific fasteners are hard to find. The Standard Parts Catalog was designed for use by a dealers parts department. Hardware is listed by type and size, not part number. To find a bolt, you need to know that it is a hex head bolt with a captive washer in 1/4-20x1 size, and then once you find that bolt in the catalog and it will give them the part number.

I can't remember what the group number is offhand.

Get notified of new replies

To GM part number lookup?

Quick Reply: GM part number lookup?