C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

steering column help

Old 10-25-2011, 06:52 AM
ry57pont
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Default steering column help

I am putting a steering column togeather for my 64. i have had to buy parts here and there because the car never had one. my question: what does the hole opposite the turn signal lever for? it would be on the right side if you were facing the steering wheel and would thread in from the back. Thanks - Ryan
Old 10-25-2011, 01:27 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by ry57pont
I am putting a steering column togeather for my 64. i have had to buy parts here and there because the car never had one. my question: what does the hole opposite the turn signal lever for? it would be on the right side if you were facing the steering wheel and would thread in from the back. Thanks - Ryan
Nothing goes in that hole. On a '63, it was for a screw that secured a "wedge" that kept the turn signal housing from rotating, but that design was dropped for '64; the housing carried over to '64, and they never bothered to change the tooling to fill the hole.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:13 PM
ry57pont
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks!!

Get notified of new replies

To steering column help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: steering column help