C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

From NOLAND ADAMS Historical Image Library Just Published (SAMPLES PHOTOS INSIDE)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 04:53 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final answer (and I don't need a lifeline)

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Well, thanks for the offer, Tobey, but............ I tried that once before during the previous but now deleted thread titled "Noland Adams Here".
In that thread - which turned out to be you posing as Noland without so disclosing - I was told that Noland was "standing by the phone" ready to discuss the situation. When I immediately called - and had a pleasant conversation with his wonderful wife Mary - I was told that he had left 15 minutes or so before to go out and work as a volunteer on restoring an old train.

So, forgive me if I am a bit cynical here, but "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"

Why don't you just answer the question in the form that Jim Lockwood has posed it and perhaps we can all be satisfied? Or, on an alternative tact, since you are the "project administrator" I assume you could at least be free to disclose what share of the revenue YOU get?

Thanks in advance for your responsiveness and transparency in helping to clear this up!

Regards,
Glenn
Tux….you and Jim Lockwood are the only two people demanding I answer explicit personal questions that to both Noland and I agree fall in the category of “gossip” type questions. Noland has left Jim several voicemails over the last few weeks and has not received a return call. Jim not returning Noland’s calls and Jim continuing to stir his spoon in a batch of batter that is none of his (or anybodies) business does not look good (since we are “looking” at things). You can paint the illusion that by me not answering both of your combative questions (they are juicy and interesting questions aren’t they?) makes me look bad, like I am being opaque (not transparent), or up to something. Have you talked to Noland? No. Any respectable business person (big time or small) would NOT answer your questions and then they would ask themselves “he wants to know whaaah?”

This really has nothing to do with whether or not I am the right person to spearhead an intelligently laid out idea/plan with Noland or whether or not Noland will see any proceeds. This is about what happened to Russ Uzes and Noland… (for you) because Jim Lockwood introduced Russ to Noland and that plan did not produce for Noland and it is more than obvious you two are holding hands here on the forum. If it is not already known, then it is now. Sorry Jim, but if we are trying to see through things or people, we must really look at everything… because there is always more to see.

Noland completely trusts me. When we were commencing our affairs, he went through the trouble of having a trusted “elderly” member from his church play the “roll” of “arbitrator” during the three weeks of discussion (of which Russ Uzes participated in). Noland asked 20 some odd members of his church and family to participate in legitimizing the work that I do; who then in return supplied Noland with the feedback he needed that I will do everything I say I can do. Noland even hired and paid a Chicago Law firm $1500 to review the details of our affairs. What importance is it to you, let alone a topic for discussion on a public forum over one year later? Noland Adams wasn’t born yesterday. Do you think that little of his skills and ability to make intelligent decisions? If Noland was not satisfied with all his efforts during the discovery process of whether or not to team up with me, then we would not be having this conversation. How transparent is that?

I wish you would support Noland in a way befitting a true friend (Noland). It would make him so happy. Noland still considers Russ and Jim a friend.

Tobey Erhart

Last edited by Noland_Adams; 11-13-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: gammer
Old 11-13-2011, 05:59 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by thoyer
It might go a long way to convincing people this is legit if Noland were to put a video up on You Tube outlining the plans for sight and encouraging people to sign up.

Just an idea..............
This IS an excellent idea and hopefully a more convincing solution! We will get to work on it!

Tobey Erhart
Old 11-13-2011, 07:30 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Noland_Adams
This IS an excellent idea and hopefully a more convincing solution! We will get to work on it!

Tobey Erhart
I spoke to Noland...he thinks this is a great idea and is happy to post a video. His granddaughter agreed to help him and will have something for you as soon as possible.

Just keeping you informed.

Tobey
Old 11-13-2011, 08:01 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Well, thanks for the offer, Tobey, but............ I tried that once before during the previous but now deleted thread titled "Noland Adams Here".
In that thread - which turned out to be you posing as Noland without so disclosing - I was told that Noland was "standing by the phone" ready to discuss the situation. When I immediately called - and had a pleasant conversation with his wonderful wife Mary - I was told that he had left 15 minutes or so before to go out and work as a volunteer on restoring an old train.

So, forgive me if I am a bit cynical here, but "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"

Why don't you just answer the question in the form that Jim Lockwood has posed it and perhaps we can all be satisfied? Or, on an alternative tact, since you are the "project administrator" I assume you could at least be free to disclose what share of the revenue YOU get?

Thanks in advance for your responsiveness and transparency in helping to clear this up!

Regards,
Glenn
The thread was deleted by the moderator requesting Noland to be a supporting vendor. In regards to you "cracking the case" that I posed as Noland, you forgot to mention in your case details that Noland PM'd you to call him 15 min before you actually got the message. I simply duplicated Noland's PM to you on the actual "forum thread". I realized you were not getting the PM message because you might not be checking it as often as the actual forum thread, so I just posted Noland's same message requesting you to call him (thus the delay).
His presence was required elsewhere and I knew he was trying to get out the door.... I doubled up his PM message to get your attention. I did not pose as Noland. It was Noland's message that you were not getting in time enough to call him. You could always call him back and talk to him and not Mary if you feel it necessary. The public thread message was a second request to the first PM Noland sent to you but not mention.

Tobey Erhart
Old 11-13-2011, 08:39 PM
jim lockwood
Race Director

Received 6,528 Likes on 3,003 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Tux….you and Jim Lockwood are the only two people demanding I answer explicit personal questions that to both Noland and I agree fall in the category of “gossip” type questions.
Your verbose distractions aside, you have still not answered the singular and simple question which has one of two possible answers: "yes" or "no".

That question is:

...has Noland received any money from the subscription fees you've been collecting?
Jim
Old 11-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Revette
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by hedgehead
Chet Atkins?
For what it's worth the song is "Wheels" by the Stringalongs
Old 11-14-2011, 12:48 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Tux….you and Jim Lockwood are the only two people demanding I answer explicit personal questions that to both Noland and I agree fall in the category of “gossip” type questions. Noland has left Jim several voicemails over the last few weeks and has not received a return call. Jim not returning Noland’s calls and Jim continuing to stir his spoon in a batch of batter that is none of his (or anybodies) business does not look good (since we are “looking” at things). You can paint the illusion that by me not answering both of your combative questions (they are juicy and interesting questions aren’t they?) makes me look bad, like I am being opaque (not transparent), or up to something. Have you talked to Noland? No. Any respectable business person (big time or small) would NOT answer your questions and then they would ask themselves “he wants to know whaaah?”

This really has nothing to do with whether or not I am the right person to spearhead an intelligently laid out idea/plan with Noland or whether or not Noland will see any proceeds. This is about what happened to Russ Uzes and Noland… (for you) because Jim Lockwood introduced Russ to Noland and that plan did not produce for Noland and it is more than obvious you two are holding hands here on the forum. If it is not already known, then it is now. Sorry Jim, but if we are trying to see through things or people, we must really look at everything… because there is always more to see.

Noland completely trusts me. When we were commencing our affairs, he went through the trouble of having a trusted “elderly” member from his church play the “roll” of “arbitrator” during the three weeks of discussion (of which Russ Uzes participated in). Noland asked 20 some odd members of his church and family to participate in legitimizing the work that I do; who then in return supplied Noland with the feedback he needed that I will do everything I say I can do. Noland even hired and paid a Chicago Law firm $1500 to review the details of our affairs. What importance is it to you, let alone a topic for discussion on a public forum over one year later? Noland Adams wasn’t born yesterday. Do you think that little of his skills and ability to make intelligent decisions? If Noland was not satisfied with all his efforts during the discovery process of whether or not to team up with me, then we would not be having this conversation. How transparent is that?

I wish you would support Noland in a way befitting a true friend (Noland). It would make him so happy. Noland still considers Russ and Jim a friend.

Tobey Erhart
Wow, Tobey - you really are a master of exaggerated hyperbole and rhetoric. "..explict personal questions" ??? You make it sound like I am asking about your love life or something! "...holding hands.."??? What is that supposed to infer? You have managed to take this dialog to a whole new lower level and made it not only "personal" but to sound like something out of a soap opera.

Where do you get off presuming that my questions have nothing to do with Noland's proceeds? Nice try at redirection and obfuscation. Who is Russ Uzes?

I don't know Jim Lockwood, have never met the man, and wouldn't recognize him if he was standing in front of me. The fact that he and I are asking the same questions seems to have triggered some sort of paranioa on your part. Perhaps that is telling.....

On the other hand, while I am certain that he would not recognize me, I have briefly met and listened to Noland a few times over the years at various meetings and seminars. I have the utmost respect for him and his work.

In fact, I have supported his work with my money and purchases as long as 20 years ago. I have both volume 1 and 2 of his restoration guides. The original receipt from Classic Motorbooks (which I kept inside the overleaf) notes that they were purchased in February of 1991 at a cost of $69.95 each. So - I have put my money where my mouth is and supported Nolands work. Can you say the same? What were you doing in 1991?

All of your rhetoric and drama still pointedly ignores the basic question of whether Noland is receiving any portion of these initial revenues. As you so acerbically reject the question I can only assume that the answer must be a resounding "NO".

Sure, let's all be a "Charter Subscriber". What does that benefit Noland?

I am sure you will have an equally obfuscated response to this. How sad.

Glenn

Last edited by tuxnharley; 11-14-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-14-2011, 01:07 PM
rustylugnuts
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone call yet? If so please post your experience and assessments, and if there are little to no replies, then you draw your own conclusions.

rustylugnuts
Old 11-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Tyler Townsley
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

Noland has a treasure trove of info/pictures, lets not kill the goose here. If he is satisfied with the current arrangement its his call. I respect his desire to get thing captioned correctly rather than just 'through them onto the web' it will be more usefull to all of us done that way. Questions about photo rights etc are his problem not ours. I would suspect his experience with publishing two excellent books in the past has taught him what can and cannot be done with the images. I do not think there is any presedince for what he is trying to do short of selling the whole collection to someone with deep pockets. It is clear he wants to get the information into a medium we can use, we buy his books because of the time he spent to get it right, he earned our respect with them I do not feel he has changed. I just spent 3 days just reviewing 1200 pictures I and 2 others took on a road trip and I am no where near getting them into a coherent format to show friends I cannot imagine the manhours he is going to consume trying to do the same with all the images he has, lets give him a chance here, I know of no one out there with his expertese lets not lose sight of that. Climb off the high horses I feel there is a good faith effort to get it right.

Tyler

Last edited by Tyler Townsley; 11-14-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
jim lockwood
Race Director

Received 6,528 Likes on 3,003 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by jim lockwood
Your verbose distractions aside, you have still not answered the singular and simple question which has one of two possible answers: "yes" or "no".

That question is:

...has Noland received any money from the subscription fees you've been collecting?
Jim
I have my answer, direct from the source. No. Noland has not received any payment from Tobey.

Of course that raises the next question: Why not?

Jim
Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

With respect to Jim, is this the "plan" at the moment? From my "limited" understanding, the monies are to be spent on getting the website completed. There is a huge cost just getting the site setup before a profit is to be made.

Was Noland asked if he was supposed to receive any $$$ up to this point? There had to be more to the conversation.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:41 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by 1955 copper
I would like to know that some time ago through on E-Bay Noland offered his web sight for $29.00 which I paid in papal and never could get into the sight saying it was under development. I called Noland and he said that the you Tobey would check into it . So what happened ? Is the $29.00 gone.
Originally Posted by oldsarge
You did not answer, 1955 copper's question.
Originally Posted by RoadKing96
Seems to me, besides an answer to he previous question, that 1955 copper should also receive some money back.

As I understand.....it was previously said that the cost for access was to be $19.53. If 1955 copper paid $29.......well you can do the math.

RK
Originally Posted by Mark_Milner
Am I the only one bothered by the user ID? I mean, using "Noland Adams" and it being Noland writing is one thing. To have "Noland Adams" and it being someone else writing is another.

I've be much more comfortable if it was "Noland Adams Archive" or "Noland Adams Library" or such that shows CLEARLY this is not Noland himself but a corporation.
Nope. You aren't the only one.
Originally Posted by gbvette62
Funny thing, about a week ago there was a post titled "Nolan Adams Here", which I believe used the same user ID, then claiming to actually be Nolan. I forget if it was here, or in the "Factory Correct Resto" section, but shortly after appearing, it disappeared.

After looking at the youtube link, I hope that the quality of the images on the web site are better than on the youtube sample. They all appeared to be slightly fuzzy. Hopefully this is just be a result of the transfer to youtube, and not indicative of the transfer quality found on the web site.
The thread was deleted by the moderator requesting Noland to be a supporting vendor. In regards to you "cracking the case" that I posed as Noland, you forgot to mention in your case details that Noland PM'd you to call him 15 min before you actually got the message. I simply duplicated Noland's PM to you on the actual "forum thread". I realized you were not getting the PM message because you might not be checking it as often as the actual forum thread, so I just posted Noland's same message requesting you to call him (thus the delay).
His presence was required elsewhere and I knew he was trying to get out the door.... I doubled up his PM message to get your attention. I did not pose as Noland. It was Noland's message that you were not getting in time enough to call him. You could always call him back and talk to him and not Mary if you feel it necessary. The public thread message was a second request to the first PM Noland sent to you but not mention.

Tobey Erhart
I have my answer, direct from the source. No. Noland has not received any payment from Tobey.

Jim

Ok folks...the last threads were locked/removed as they violated the forums policy regarding non supporting vendors. That issue has been resolved. One of the questions posed in that thread was brought back to a new thread (created by Tobey) by me and I believe it was answered.

I encourage you to use the phone number to call and ask your questions directly as opposed to continuously hijacking this thread for that purpose.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:54 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
Ok folks...the last threads were locked/removed as they violated the forums policy regarding non supporting vendors. That issue has been resolved. One of the questions posed in that thread was brought back to a new thread (created by Tobey) by me and I believe it was answered. I encourage you to use the phone number to call and ask your questions directly as opposed to continuously hijacking this thread for that purpose.

My apologies if I am being dense here, but which new thread are you referring to? This one? Where do you suggest is the correct thread for continuing this discussion?

Thanks,
Glenn
Old 11-14-2011, 02:54 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Ok folks...the last threads were locked/removed as they violated the forums policy regarding non supporting vendors. That issue has been resolved. One of the questions posed in that thread was brought back to a new thread (created by Tobey) by me and I believe it was answered.

I encourage you to use the phone number to call and ask your questions directly as opposed to continuously hijacking this thread for that purpose.

Thank you for interceding.

Jim
If there were no internet forum, and if we were talking in person about the plans for Noland’s website, I would consider the repetitiveness of your question that I have already gave my reasons and answers to be now in the realm of harassment. At least I would be able to walk away from you if we were in person and it would not be because I don't care whether or not you subscribe to helping Noland convert his life's work into searchable data on his site. I hope to gain your confidence someday...and a phone call is welcome!

So far we have had 15 subscribers! Thank you CF!

Tobey Erhart
Old 11-14-2011, 03:05 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Wow, Tobey - you really are a master of exaggerated hyperbole and rhetoric. "..explict personal questions" ??? You make it sound like I am asking about your love life or something! "...holding hands.."??? What is that supposed to infer? You have managed to take this dialog to a whole new lower level and made it not only "personal" but to sound like something out of a soap opera.

Where do you get off presuming that my questions have nothing to do with Noland's proceeds? Nice try at redirection and obfuscation. Who is Russ Uzes?

I don't know Jim Lockwood, have never met the man, and wouldn't recognize him if he was standing in front of me. The fact that he and I are asking the same questions seems to have triggered some sort of paranioa on your part. Perhaps that is telling.....

On the other hand, while I am certain that he would not recognize me, I have briefly met and listened to Noland a few times over the years at various meetings and seminars. I have the utmost respect for him and his work.

In fact, I have supported his work with my money and purchases as long as 20 years ago. I have both volume 1 and 2 of his restoration guides. The original receipt from Classic Motorbooks (which I kept inside the overleaf) notes that they were purchased in February of 1991 at a cost of $69.95 each. So - I have put my money where my mouth is and supported Nolands work. Can you say the same? What were you doing in 1991?

All of your rhetoric and drama still pointedly ignores the basic question of whether Noland is receiving any portion of these initial revenues. As you so acerbically reject the question I can only assume that the answer must be a resounding "NO".

Sure, let's all be a "Charter Subscriber". What does that benefit Noland?

I am sure you will have an equally obfuscated response to this. How sad.

Glenn
Glenn

I am so sorry to pair you up with the other forum member that indeed has a hidden agenda. Noland and I do not feel like publishing what is supposed to be private information. After reading your letter I felt bad because you sound like a really nice guy that love's Noland's work. I am sorry and hope you will forgive me.

Tobey Erhart
Old 11-14-2011, 03:12 PM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13

Old 11-14-2011, 04:48 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Revette
For what it's worth the song is "Wheels" by the Stringalongs
You are funny!! The song haunted me for weeks after I created it...I remember trying to go to sleep and it playing in my head nonstop. But I really think it goes...don't you? It is hard picking out music for a presentation.

Tobey

Get notified of new replies

To From NOLAND ADAMS Historical Image Library Just Published (SAMPLES PHOTOS INSIDE)

Old 11-14-2011, 05:12 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Jim
It is obvious to everyone here on the forum that an unfinished sentence is a scary thing… right? I mean if I say “Hey, there is a pretty woman over there” that means one thing, whereas if you finish the whole sentence “Hey, there is a pretty woman over there, and she is keying my car.” Well, now, that sentence now takes on NEW meaning, doesn’t it?

Jim, if this were a fundraiser, to help a sick man with cancer, I guess I would understand the direct nature of your requests, but it is not. Would you harass any of the vendors here on the forum as to who gets what within their business affairs?

A HUGE Thank you from Noland to the few who have STRONGLY stood up and said what needed to be said. We are know how special that is.

I want to thank Vette_Daddy and Tyler Townsley for helping me by explaining boundaries and business etiquette within your feedback postings.

I also want to thank Pewter for helping me obtain my thread back.
Tobey Erhart

Last edited by Noland_Adams; 11-14-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:18 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 830 Likes on 574 Posts

I've been following this thread and believe its time for "someone" to take the high road on this subject.

It's up to you to figure out who that person is.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Revette
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 78 Posts

You are funny!! The song haunted me for weeks after I created it...I remember trying to go to sleep and it playing in my head nonstop. But I really think it goes...don't you? It is hard picking out music for a presentation.

Tobey
Tobey, I thought "Wheels" a most appropriate song to play behind pictures of vintage Corvette info. Very cool! I was in a band in 1960/61 that actually played this song.

Quick Reply: From NOLAND ADAMS Historical Image Library Just Published (SAMPLES PHOTOS INSIDE)