C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

From NOLAND ADAMS Historical Image Library Just Published (SAMPLES PHOTOS INSIDE)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 08:49 AM
gilbybarr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,887 Likes on 794 Posts

Damn, this controversy is still burning? Its been a year or more since I first saw some threads on this.....seems like some legal action could have sorted this out by now.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:25 PM
philip964
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no website by that name from the first post.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 PM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 334 Posts

Default Noland Adams

I hate to bring this up again but someone asked me today how all of this issue with Noland turned out and I did not know. The last that I saw was a very sad video showing Mr.Adams explaining the situation but it seemed to be a coached video. I am hoping for the best for him.

Can someone please update me.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Hobie8054
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last I had heard was Noland had fallen and broke his back several months ago. No news since that time. It is my understanding that there has been no updated activity on the site. Also, there has been no activity on the facebook page or twitter account. By all appearances, everything has been abandoned just like her previous project. Doesn't surprise me in the least. I feel really bad for both Gordon and Noland. One can only hope they both make it out of this with their reputations intact.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

I feel bad for Russ.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Hobie8054
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy
I feel bad for Russ.
Same here. Although I've never met him, I understand that he completed the project with no intent of any personal financial gain. That's a true gentleman. I can't seem to find any kind words for the person who ended up with the collection. I firmly believe in my gut that if something were to happen to Noland (God forbid) she would sell off every piece of his collection and pocket every dime. Is it no surprise that she's selling cars now??
Old 09-20-2012, 01:44 AM
mike16
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been following this for a while.

what a POS

No shame at all

I must agree one two points,

it would be a terrible loss historicaly speaking for this ruthless person to have exploited an elder person like this

But also

looking at what Nolan is capable of and his own realisation of the significance and importance of his work in the past and with regards to this archive of irreplacable material, what was he thinking, turning over everthing including the rights to such a person.

I am not at all comfortable with the religeous overtones and influence on this matter from both sides. Too often, too damn often.

I have dealt with elder abuse and this clearly smells like it. where is his family in all this?
Old 09-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Godholio
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Doesn't anyone know Nolan personally? I'm pretty surprised nobody has bothered to contact him and see how he's doing...because of this fiasco and his horrific injury.

Quick Reply: From NOLAND ADAMS Historical Image Library Just Published (SAMPLES PHOTOS INSIDE)