C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Calling all L72’s !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 11:10 PM
66BBCoupe
Burning Brakes

Received 346 Likes on 118 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C1 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Default Calling all L72’s !!

I started a survey to determine what pattern may exist for the 66 big block as a relationship between engine casting date, engine assembly date and install by production date in the 66 big blocks. So far I have 14 cars in the survey. The higher the statistical sample, the more accurate my conclusions may be. I’m most interested to see what type of production flow consistency there may be from engine production in Tonawanda to install on the assembly line. If you think you have an original L72 - I would welcome your input and will provide you with my findings. Please provide:

VIN # (your cars VIN plate)
Engine casting date (on the passenger side near the starter – example B 16 6)
Engine assembly date (on the engine pad at the front of the passenger side cylinder head – example TO314IP6)

If you would prefer to provide the info off line – send to me at mart78b@aol.com. I look forward to determining and reporting the result.
Old 05-10-2002, 01:51 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Re: Calling all L72’s !! (66BBCoupe)

what data do you have on the relationship of head casting to block casting? Thanks.
:cheers:

Quick Reply: Calling all L72’s !!