C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

63 AC Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by desertpilgrim
Is it a crime to be too simple? If not, let me go to the story: 32 years ago the car was torn apart to make it a race car - WHOA! - Please introduce me to the guy who was so overcome by the 63 chassis/???/??? that he was going to conquer the world by using it as the basis for the next McLaren. In 1982 the only person in the world clinging to that hope was Phil Currin - and he did an admirable job. But FORGET IT as a means of justification for an A/C car. Real World.

In 1982, SCCA still required a production frame in GT and Prod classes. Tube frames were under consideration, but that was '83, IIRC, as a tube frame Camaro was at Road Atlanta in October for the Run Offs as a display car, and not on the track.

We got a lot of attention at the Run Offs with this when we had the body apart, but basically it was a tube frame car built on a production frame. Original design would take 40 Gs of stress in any direction, but not wanting to kill the driver, we decreased that to around 6 Gs before it would deflect. Still powered by a TR3 engine and only mid pack in the finish.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:41 PM
benbwca
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 63 A/C right hand vent

I am restoring the A/C in a 63 coupe. The A/C is not original to the car. The person I bought the car from changed the configuration of the engine compartment to look original, added the correct dash (6 *****), and has most of the hardware to install the A/C as it should have looked. While I have many questions, one that I just cannot figure out from the 63 AM is exactly how the cable that goes to the right lower vent is installed. I have the correct cable, the correct vent, and the cable clip, but what does the end of the cable attach to? Cannot tell from the pic of the vent in this earlier post. Thanks for any help you can give me. Rick
Old 11-26-2018, 05:36 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

If nothing else you could go to the NCRS web site (even if you only join for a trial period) and ask your question. A few folks there have real '63 A/C cars and can fill in your needs. Member Harry Sadlock (38513) is one...
Old 11-26-2018, 07:00 PM
benbwca
6th Gear

I am a member and will do. Thanks
Old 11-26-2018, 07:33 PM
jimmies63
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 103 Likes on 40 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14,'17, '20-'21

Are you talking about the fresh air vent on the right hand side? And how it connects to the door?
Old 11-26-2018, 08:24 PM
benbwca
6th Gear

On an A/C car is it a fresh air vent? The vent I purchased from Paragon is an arch shape with a whole in the top. Here is a pic (https://www.paragoncorvette.com/p-35...grille-rh.aspx). I also purchased the cable (https://www.paragoncorvette.com/p-35...tch-cable.aspx) bracket (https://www.corvettecentral.com/sear...ryId=&q=452114) but I dont know exactly how this all fits together and to what. There is nothing to connect the cable to inside the vent. I must be missing something. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 63 AC Pics