C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C1 Dash Pad Installation Tips Needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Steve59
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by firstgear
I didn't put sealant and didn't put the black rubber seal either. I figured I wouldn't drive it in the rain. Yeah, right! I have been caught out in three huge downpours and if you think that C1's leak, try it this way.

I plan on taking the windshield back off and getting that little issue fixed as well as a couple other things that bug me.

For adhesive to hold down the dash pad, I used contact cement that is for holding down countertop laminate. That sticks that pad in place. Also, IMO, when it comes to joints where the pad is at and something else lays over it in that area, IMO you can't take off enough padding material. Take your pick, any of those joints.
I hate to say this, but I did the same thing. Used no sealant anywhere. Putting that windshield together was a BEAR. I had the parts on and off so many times I lost count. Centering stuff, looking for screw hole, etc.
When I work with glue/sealant I end up with stuff all over me and the car. Once, years ago, I had so much glue on me, I glued myself under the car for hours, decide to activate my "Life Alert, I've glue myself and can't get up" and Peggy answered......

Quick Reply: C1 Dash Pad Installation Tips Needed