C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1960 C1 - alternator brackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 06:42 PM
kenmo
Le Mans Master

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Don't want to move. Just make it more secure since with the present setup the alternator is prone to a slight twist.... as you can see from my first photos the front of the alternator (lower bolt) is missing a bracket...

Cheers

Ken
Old 06-28-2012, 07:33 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by kenmo
Don't want to move. Just make it more secure since with the present setup the alternator is prone to a slight twist.... as you can see from my first photos the front of the alternator (lower bolt) is missing a bracket...

Cheers

Ken
OK... with the right F bracket (even a home made one) i doubt that it will twist.

the manifolds i posted pix of have bosses that a F bracket could be attached to with no problem at all
Bill
Old 08-20-2012, 12:04 PM
kenmo
Le Mans Master

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by toddalin
With a couple small spacers, this,

will do the same thing as that at about half the cost, (including an "F" bracket) and give you more front/rear adjustability to get the belt aligned. It becomes a matter of how much you want to spend and which shape you prefer.

Both left and right sides are covered.
Thanks Todd... I got the bracket installed when I was on vacation. Worked like a charm....

Many thanks...

Ken
Old 08-20-2012, 04:43 PM
DZAUTO
Race Director

Received 3,766 Likes on 1,669 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C1 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by toddalin
Yes, you still would need the "F" bracket, but they are cheap (often under $10) and plentyful on ebay (and everywhere else). Be sure that you get an "F" bracket that cinches the alternator forward with a spacer that clamps forward when you tighten the nut.

In my book---------IF RAM HORN MANIFOLDS WITH THE ALT BRACKET are used, this is the best way to go. BOTH left and right hand alternator mounting was used on 63-67 small blocks (depending on engine and options). For a left side alt mount, the above bracket mounts direct to the bracket on the manifold and the alt is secure and easily lined up with the pulleys.
This exact same bracket was also used on 64-68 Chevelles (67-68 Camaros) with a small block.
Also, there were two different upper alt adjusting brackets used on the Chevelles/Camaros (one for iron and one for alum intake manifolds) that would be a direct fit on your Vette.

Tom Parsons
Old 02-18-2019, 08:27 PM
gls58
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

wmf62, I was looking around to see whether it is worthwhile changing from an generator to an alternator. The primary reason is to possibly make my headlights dash lights brighter, My car is a '58 and I installed halogen lamps but no change, I thought maybe the higher amperage output might do the trick.
Also while searching this site, I noticed you engine compartment pics and the modified fuel injection. My car is F.I. (250 hp) and I have the much dreaded percolation problem. Did your change fix that problem? If so, can you give me an idea who could make the change in my car. I noticed too your are in Florida also.
Thanks for your help,
Gary
Old 02-21-2019, 11:03 AM
benrep
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 51 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

If you have the manifold with the alternator mount boss than this is the bracket that worked for me. https://www.corvettepacifica.com/pro...ft-each-58-63/
I had hood and hood support clearance issues, be very careful. I used clay to check clearances.

I made and bolted a bracket to the engine mount, no judging for me.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:19 PM
Dreaming60’s
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Great Thread!!!

Get you butt back on here wfm62!

BH

Quick Reply: 1960 C1 - alternator brackets