C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1960 Hood Hinge Pictures Please?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 04:23 PM
C1-Curt
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Default 1960 Hood Hinge Pictures Please?

I am installing a new and hinges on my 60 and they were labeled right and left but I am not sure they are labeled correctly.

Can someone email me or post pictures of your installed 1960 hood hinges? I am looking for the direction they are installed. curt@505hp.com.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2012, 04:47 PM
rich5962
Safety Car

Received 563 Likes on 337 Posts

Curt, here are a few from my old '62 project, but the same setup for 58-62. I'd say yours are marked correctly.

It is a bit confusing how they mount. Pics should help.
Attached Images     
Old 09-08-2012, 04:57 PM
rich5962
Safety Car

Received 563 Likes on 337 Posts

I just thought of something......

If you got a repro radiator support, you may have to trim the top-front-outer reinforcement bar on each side for the hinges to fit right. The one I got last year needed the mods. I think they fixed them after that. The front bar on the repro should have a relief to allow the hinge to clear it.

Here are some pics I just remembered I had......
The first 2 are from my original '59, the last 2 are the new rad support and what I had to trim to get the hinges to fit. As I recall, I was not happy I had to take the rad support out again to modify it.

Rich
Attached Images     
Old 09-08-2012, 05:03 PM
C1-Curt
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rich5962
I just thought of something......

If you got a repro radiator support, you may have to trim the top-front-outer reinforcement bar on each side for the hinges to fit right. The one I got last year needed the mods. I think they fixed them after that. The front bar on the repro should have a relief to allow the hinge to clear it.

Here are some pics I just remembered I had......
The first 2 are from my original '59, the last 2 are the new rad support and what I had to trim to get the hinges to fit. As I recall, I was not happy I had to take the rad support out again to modify it.

Rich
That was the problem, I got a repro core support and the ends of the top bracket were not trimmed so I kept thinking the mounts should be flipped but then the measurements did not work.

I just trimmed the edges of the top brace and they fit great now.

It seems trimming and modifications is my life so this one was easy

Thanks for the pics and info, that helped a lot.

Get notified of new replies

To 1960 Hood Hinge Pictures Please?

Quick Reply: 1960 Hood Hinge Pictures Please?