C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

window on the '59 won't go up or down.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I only have one issue with Mike.... Once you see him solve some problem in a few minutes that you have fought for a day or more your ego is just never the same...

I console myself thinking Mike can be more aggressive fixing **** because he knows he can repair any collateral damage. I have to be a lot more careful because I CAN'T!!

OK - do tell .... how DID Mike get the window out ?

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 09-13-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 PM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 848 Likes on 622 Posts

Here is a thumbs up for Mike. Wish I lived around the corner from you Mike.

Bill
Old 08-28-2013, 09:16 PM
QIK59
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LabRat
I'm thinkin it will take more than 7 minutes and 47 seconds for me to reassemble it with replacement parts. Thanks Mike for helping me out. I think he's forgot more about Corvettes than I and many others ever knew. He sure made it look easy. And it only rained on me 4 times coming home.
Okay great article on getting it apart - now where do you get replacement parts for the regulator : anti-rattle spring etc ?
Thanks
Old 08-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Low Rider
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

I may move to Fla. just to be close to Mike......he is a real asset to this forum.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:39 AM
LabRat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a pair of reproduction window regulator assemblies from Corvette Central part # 281123 for $200.00 I believe you can break them down (riveted, aaargh!) and replace some parts such as the gear but I don't remember seeing any anti-rattle springs for sale. Considering the age I thought it was time to put in everything new. I completely restored the doors at this time ( I should add Mike did the work and he did an awesome job) including chroming the door posts which were ready, replacing weatherstrip,fuzzies,adding hole covers etc. All the stuff I had in the parts bin for 13 years. I should have done them when I did the rest of the car but I was impatient to get it on the road and enjoy it. I still have new Hellas in the box waiting to be installed. Someday! Save the Wave.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:26 PM
QIK59
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Thank you Rat,
Yeah it isn't a big deal to me to drill out the rivets - I have repaired many high dollar "sealed" assy's that just needed a riveted in brg replaced LOL

Checked my old GM Body Parts books - appears window regulators used the same construction for many years.
I will look for some odd-ball (unknown application) window regulators at a big annual swap meet I go to next week - hopefully luck into something there.
If not then I have some bone yards I go to when I'm in CA and AZ when I go to SEMA in November.
Gee and I have a set of 62 power doors that are of no use for this LOL

I wave to everyone who waves at me and ALL old car drivers / enthusiasts.
Don't waste my time with C5/6 drivers - most of who don't even know what I'm driving anyway LOL

Last edited by QIK59; 08-30-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: window on the '59 won't go up or down.