C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Big seats in a C2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 07:53 PM
Katz
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Big seats in a C2?

So I was thinking (uh-oh!) and noticed that the seats in the C1s and C2s don't really have decent back support; they end where my shoulders begin and have no head-rest. Has anyone transplanted a better seat in their vintage 'vette (like dropping a C4 or C5 seat into a mid-year?) How did they look (any pictures?)

Thanks for entertaining my curiosity....
Old 06-09-2002, 08:29 PM
waynec
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Re: Big seats in a C2? (Katz)

Check this archive thread for ideas:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=178776
Old 06-09-2002, 08:52 PM
Katz
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Big seats in a C2? (waynec)

*nod* I was thinking that the seats would at least have to fold forward, so seats from "any" roadster-type car (never thought of an RX-7.) Trying to hunt for topics by Billy 63 SWC which may have pictures.... I'm trying to think of how the bolts would line up. I may drop the fella an e-mail.

Thanks for the pointer/search!
Old 06-09-2002, 09:53 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FXT, over in Factory Correct Resto, has just restored these 1967 seats with factory headrests for his sweet convertible.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=302060
Old 06-09-2002, 11:14 PM
7vettes
Race Director

Location: If I say it's safe to surf this beach ......then it's safe to surf this beach
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never been happy with mid year seats and had planned for some time to replace the originals in my 64 with something better. I had not planned on C3 seats but at a swap meet a couple years ago I found a great deal on a pair of 80-81's in good shape, great frame rails and tubs and only a couple of blems on the cushions. I got the pair for $150.00 complete.

I've installed them as a "temporary" upgrade in my Coupe but am considering keeping them and getting the cushions redone in a custom fabric. I mounted them without drilling any holes in the floor by fabricating hardware that used the original mounting holes, upon which I mounted the new frames.

At this time I'm undecided if I'll keep them and re-do them or look for something even better, but for now they're serving as relatively cheap upgrades. At shows I've seen RX-7 and Fiero seats installed in midyears and they have better support than the C3's I'm using.

Get notified of new replies

To Big seats in a C2?

Quick Reply: Big seats in a C2?