C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

2014 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 10:45 PM
John BX NY
Drifting

Received 337 Likes on 229 Posts

Saw it in NYC last Wednesday...it looks great in person...
Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 AM
vettefred
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 156 Posts

I like the look, the tailights are different but likeable as they grow on you. Silver or grey for now is the color I would choose.

I hope the seats are more comfortable than the ones in my C5Z. I will be ready in about 18 months.

Fred
Old 01-20-2013, 12:27 PM
bb62
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

I saw the 2014 Corvette at the Detroit Auto Show yesterday. some of my thoughts:

The Bad
- The black lower panel in the rear bothered me more than the rear lights which I thought I could get used to. This was not an issue though on the gray car they had on display - but it was clearly a distraction on the red cars they were showing in pictures.
- The Corvette emblem on the front nose also bothered me, it seemed cartoonish. It is way too large.
- The front end overall is a bit too busy. Too many lines and exacerbated by the hood intake which seems overdone.

The Good
- Overall the car has a strong presence. It's a very aggressive look that is bound to be even more aggressive with the optional performance packages likely in the future.
- The interior is a significant improvement over the C5/C6. I really liked it.
- I think the engine will be a remarkable improvement. An engineering friend of mine at GM tells me the torque curve for the new engine will be identical to the LS7 up to 5500 rpm - which is where the majority of driving takes place. This could be a great car.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:55 PM
SLWRNU
Safety Car

Received 371 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
I find that hard to believe the the price will be about the same as the C6. I would not even want to pay that much for it let a lone more. As far as I am concerned you still can not beat the look of a C2. People all over the world know that if you show them the pic of a C2 Corvette that, that is the true and original design for Covette. There is my $0.05 worth. It was a penny but inflection is a bitch.
I was at the reveal and trust me this car looks awesome. I too am a C2 fan and have a 65, but with an LS3 and 5 spd. But when you actually see the car in person you will love it. Rear treatment evokes Camaro but in person not as much. I love the car.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Fawndeuce
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

We had our annual Corvette club dinner on Friday night, and of course the C7 was discussed. The age range for our group was from low forties to about mid sixties, average age low to mid fifties?
Most own at least one vintage, and many also a C5 or C6. None of us had seen the car in person, only pics and vids.
What was weird to me, was that conversation didn't really go on all that long on the new car? Good or bad, I was expecting a good animated discussion on it with a lot of back and forth, typical of our gang, but weirdly things soon petered out and turned to regular conversation.
One guy is ordering one for sure, he was our first to order a C5, first on the C6, and also had a C4 but that was before my time. Other than him though, I would say reaction was mixed at best.
I think almost all liked the overall design, but the Camaro style tail lights were definitely not a hit with anyone, (one fellow with a C6 coupe got a good laugh; "I like them! Since they've now made the Vette look like a Camaro, that must mean that they're going to drop the price like a Camaro and I can get one for the wife")
Another friend (in his mid forties) who is was talking with later on was a bit more diplomatic and said to me "I don't think those lights are appropriate on a Vette, and I even like Camaros, but I'll wait to see the real car before making any final decision on it."
Of the rest of us? I 'dunno for sure, maybe some will buy once they've seen them on the road, but most said like me that they'd probably wait a year two to see what GM does with it.

Paul

Quick Reply: 2014 corvette