C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Removing 67 dash

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 06:23 PM
djkocer@gmail.com
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Removing 67 dash

Currently have the center console, stiring column, instrument cluster, and glove box removed...can't figure out how the dash comes out. I have yet to look at the manual but if someone out there can give me a quick explanation it would be much appreciated.

Dave
Old 01-19-2013, 06:32 PM
ooh yeah
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you drill the rivets out on each side, if I remember I think there are 5 on each side. Also under the dash there are a few nuts that need removed. Use the AIM you wont have any problems. If you need pictures I probabaly have some. Does your car have AC? if so you need to remove all that ducting. Good luck
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Also the center dash section is bonded to the top of the transmission tunnel. A putty knife can separate it with a rap from a hammer.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by djkocer@gmail.com
Currently have the center console, stiring column, instrument cluster, and glove box removed...can't figure out how the dash comes out. I have yet to look at the manual but if someone out there can give me a quick explanation it would be much appreciated.

Dave
Do you have the Assembly Manual? It's all shown in detail in UPC 1-Bolt/Weld, sheet A9; five pop rivets at each end, ten bolts across the top, and a blob of bond at the bottom center.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Do you have the Assembly Manual? It's all shown in detail in UPC 1-Bolt/Weld, sheet A9; five pop rivets at each end, ten bolts across the top, and a blob of bond at the bottom center.
Yep should look like this when you pull it out..

Get notified of new replies

To Removing 67 dash

Quick Reply: Removing 67 dash