C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

New to DelrayBeach

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 07:28 AM
csysman
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Default New to DelrayBeach

Anyoneknow of a reputable shop for maintenance on C2 in Delray beach area ..just moved down and new to the area ...
thanx in advance -
Old 01-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

This guy in Ft. Lauderdale had done some work on a friend's C1 and he is very satisfied:
http://keithsrodsandcustoms.com/
Old 01-22-2013, 08:33 AM
toms silver 60
Melting Slicks

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Welcome to Florida.

Your profile indicates you are fairly proficient, just wondering what kind of maintenance you were interested in farming out.

There are some VERY BAD ACTORS down in your part of the woods, it is very important you don't go to those shops. Some people have gotten burned very badly. Do a search. Here's a prime example:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...-beach-fl.html

Now that you are down here, it's a must to attend the NCRS show at Kissimmee this week. The Sebring SVRA historic races and 60th anniversary car show are first week in March.

Last edited by toms silver 60; 01-22-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
tjschraf
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

can't help with the repair shop. but Delray Beach is one of my favorite cities ever, my grandparents used to live there
Old 01-22-2013, 11:27 AM
myred63
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

i am new to the C2 world, but found Fabulous through this sight.
Very pleasant to deal with, $$$, but know their vettes.
http://fabulousrestorations.com/
speak with the owner...George....he loves to talk cars.
rgds
Peter
Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 AM
jchez7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the move! Delray is a great town; a good buddy of mine lives there.
Lemon Grass is a very good restaurant. There's also a small place a few blocks north of the rr tracks, just west of the main street. Can't remember the name but it shouldn't be hard to find - tremendous food, small menu.
Oh yeah, this is a car site......
Old 01-23-2013, 06:35 AM
dcaggiani
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 84 Posts

Welcome to south Florida. I live in west boynton beach and have a 64 roadster restomod.

There is a corvette only service center north of us in Jupiter that has been in business over 20 years
http://www.eismannscorvette.com/

Take a look. I have used them in the past.

Dan
Old 02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
C2Dennis
1st Gear

Check out Crusiers in Delray Beach they do a lot of Corvette work especially C1, C2, and C3's. It's almost like going to a car show over there, they are always working on 50,60, and 70's cars. Mike had a 63 Coupe get Top Flight this year at Kissimmee.

Crusiers Motor Works
782 SW 17th Street
Delray Beach, Fl.
Phone 272 VETT (8388)

Stay away from the Boca Raton Sting or you may get stung. I had a close call and would not go to anyone recommended by the Sting. Bunch of bad apples.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:50 PM
c66vet
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll tell you to be careful when asking for recommendations or using any shop in South Florida.

Cruisers Motor Works, works on a lot of Corvettes, all years, and all classic cars. Mike and Joe are good guys, this is a well know shop and provides mechanical and paint services. They also sponsor of Palm Beach Classic Cars, cruise in's on Tuesday Grand Tavern Linton Blvd and 2nd Saturday of every month at Gander Mountain..

Stay away from the C2 club in Boca Raton, Fla. Known as the Sting Rays, anyone who has lived here for a long time can tell you about attitudes in Boca Raton. Especially stay away from the director of this club who owns International Sport Cars Inc., in Hallandale Beach, Fla.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 PM
myred63
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by c66vet
I'll tell you to be careful when asking for recommendations or using any shop in South Florida.

Cruisers Motor Works, works on a lot of Corvettes, all years, and all classic cars. Mike and Joe are good guys, this is a well know shop and provides mechanical and paint services. They also sponsor of Palm Beach Classic Cars, cruise in's on Tuesday Grand Tavern Linton Blvd and 2nd Saturday of every month at Gander Mountain..

Stay away from the C2 club in Boca Raton, Fla. Known as the Sting Rays, anyone who has lived here for a long time can tell you about attitudes in Boca Raton. Especially stay away from the director of this club who owns International Sport Cars Inc., in Hallandale Beach, Fla.
thanks for tip on the Boca club.
i did not know he was associated with the shop that ruined your car.
Peter
Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 PM
6T7L71CPE
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 250 Posts

This club?
http://www.stingrayscorvetteclub.com/

I had bookmarked it a couple years ago in case I end up on the east coast.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 PM
wcotton@bathfitter.c
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

We use this shop all the time

Prime Tune
2620 ne 5th ave
Pompano 33064

Paul Oliva (954) 785-7779

Real honest guy knows his stuff
Old 02-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Technite73
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 25 Posts

I have been a proud member of the Sting Rays Corvette Club since 2006. I have met many terrific people who have become very close friends. The club members have helped me complete a frame off restoration.

The Sting Rays are a social club. My family and I have enjoyed many years of terrific social gatherings, road trips and car shows. Members become a second family.

I made our president aware of the incorrect information in this thread. Here is his response.

" As president of the Sting Rays Corvette Club, I feel it is necessary to respond to the misinformation being posted by C66vet.

Our club does not recommend specific shops for any type of work whether it be repair or restoration. The owner of International Sports Cars Inc has never been a director or held a position on our board.

This former club member has obviously rankled someone feathers. To drag our club into someone elses vendetta is wrong.

I think the reputation of the Sting Rays and its members speaks for itself."
Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 PM
raypilot65
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to Florida. I live in Palm City. You will love the driving weather we have. I've heard that Eismanns in Jupiter is good.

Last edited by raypilot65; 02-12-2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM
coolvettejim
1st Gear

I am President of the Gold Coast Corvette Club and a member of the StingRays and your post about the club is totally out of line. Mr. Robert Snyder should be responsible for his own actions and should have done his background checks with respect to who Steve Greenblatt is and what he does, etc. The Sting Rays do not recommend anyone. They are a social Corvette Club and a great group of guys and gals. Lighten up and get your facts straight before you speak.

Coolvettejim

Last edited by coolvettejim; 02-12-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To New to DelrayBeach

Quick Reply: New to DelrayBeach