C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1966 A/C blower switch wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 01:30 PM
rgbau140
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 1966 A/C blower switch wiring

I am confused. I am attempting to replace the blower switch cable on an air car. I understand that the A/C wiring harness replaces some of the original wiring harness and that the connections for the non air cars are still there - just not connected to anything. The second picture shows the air connection with the double orange wire near the parking brake handle, with the non air connector hanging near the radio. I understand how I need to remove the wires from the connectors and place each wire in its separate connector. I have the chart that tells me which wire goes where on the new blower switch. My problem is with the first picture. It is the connector in the spot where the glove box goes. This connector has the blue,orange & yellow wires. I just put an ohm tester and I know that the blue, orange & yellow are in line with the blue, orange and yellow of the connector for an air car. What I don't understand is where/what this connector in the glove box hole connects to. When I follow the wiring diagram it show these 3 wires going to a heater resister on the heater box in the engine compartment. That connection already has wires from the A/C wiring harness. This connector must go somewhere. Any ideas??
Old 03-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Mike Geary
Melting Slicks

Received 220 Likes on 167 Posts

Just tape that length of wire up and stash it to the left of the glove box.

It's the blower resistor connector for NON-A/C cars. That resistor is on the back of the inner diverter box, instead of under the hood like your car is.

PS: Maybe '66s are different than '65s, but there was no wire swapping needed between connectors (unless it was so gnarly that I've erased it from memory!)

Last edited by Mike Geary; 03-16-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:52 PM
rgbau140
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The blower switch cable I bought from Zip fits all the midyears. According to the directions the wiring for a 63 in unique. 64 and 65 are the same and 66 and 67 are the same, yet different from the other 3 years. thanks for the help. I had everything figured out a couple of months ago and then the heater core started leaking. after the heater box came out I decided that I might just as well replace all the cable pulls, I should have taken better notes and a few pics to help with reassembly. If it weren't for the folks on this forum I don't know what I would do

Get notified of new replies

To 1966 A/C blower switch wiring

Quick Reply: 1966 A/C blower switch wiring