C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1960 cvorvette weatherstrip

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 04:58 PM
garretttt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1960 cvorvette weatherstrip

just trying to figure out how the weatherstrip is attached, I know the doors go around the doors, does the hood weatherstrip attach to the hood or the body, does the trunk weatherstrip attach to the body or the lid. I guess my question is does any of it attach to the body or does it all attach to the individual pieces. Any help is appreciated.

One more question, my turn signal assembly is loose on the colum, is there a screw that holds it to the horn assembly
Old 05-29-2013, 05:04 PM
jimh_1962
Le Mans Master

Received 549 Likes on 442 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by garretttt
just trying to figure out how the weatherstrip is attached, I know the doors go around the doors, does the hood weatherstrip attach to the hood or the body, does the trunk weatherstrip attach to the body or the lid. I guess my question is does any of it attach to the body or does it all attach to the individual pieces. Any help is appreciated.

One more question, my turn signal assembly is loose on the colum, is there a screw that holds it to the horn assembly
Weatherstripping connects to the hood, deck lid, doors and trunk lid. Only the cowl vent and windshield weatherstripping connects to the body. Not sure if I left anything out. What JohnZ says... He has way more information than I could provide.

Last edited by jimh_1962; 05-29-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:05 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by garretttt

The hood rear seal goes on the hood, and the trunk and top compartment cover seals go on the lids, not on the body. There's a phillips screw in a recess in the forward end of the turn signal housing (its head faces the cluster); turning the screw engages a "wedge" between the inside of the housing and the outside of the steering column tube, to hold the housing in position.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:15 PM
garretttt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your help, when attaching this to the hood is there a particular orientation
Old 05-29-2013, 05:21 PM
MrPbody
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnZ
There's a phillips screw in a recess in the forward end of the turn signal housing (its head faces the cluster); turning the screw engages a "wedge" between the inside of the housing and the outside of the steering column tube, to hold the housing in position.
That screw is hard to see with the cluster installed, but it's right behind the turn signal arm. I replaced mine with an alan head to make it easier to tighten in the close quarters. if tightening it still doesn't keep the housing from moving, you may need to add a thin fabricated shim between the housing and the steering shaft tube, on the right side under the turn signal switch. BTDT.

Russ
Old 05-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Geralds57
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 596 Likes on 361 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Here's the original weather stripping and glue on my '60's hood.

Get notified of new replies

To 1960 cvorvette weatherstrip

Quick Reply: 1960 cvorvette weatherstrip