C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Does any know of dual switchback LED`s without the solder spots on top of the socket

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:40 PM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Does any know of dual switchback LED`s without the solder spots on top of the socket

I had to change one 1157 LED bulb-Dual intensety 18 SMT LED tower LED`s that i use for daytime driving lights and amber turn signal

On regular bulbs there are no solder points on the socket but on the LED`S there is 3 small solder spots on each LED bulb.

The solder spots stops the LED bulb from going all in on the park light on the car so i have to sand off the solder spots(used a nail file)to make them work

I had to sand off the solder spots when i converted to LED daylight driving light/turn signal light 3 years ago as well

The reason why i had to replace a LED light is because the LED came loose from the socket because i sanded off the solder spots i think

Any here know if you can get 1157 LED lights or is just the LED`s without those solder spots?

You can see one of the solder spots on the socket on the LED to the left and no such solder spots on regular 1157 bulbs
Attached Images   
Old 09-26-2013, 09:46 PM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

Roger,

If worst comes to worst, so you can have DRL's those bulbs will fit in atermarket replacement turnsignals without having to grind solder down.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Avispa
Safety Car

Received 885 Likes on 634 Posts

Pæren tårnene er limet-limt til kontakten. Sliping av loddetinn ikke føre til at problemet med pære tårnet løsner fra kontakten.

Du ønsker kanskje å prøve disse som erstatning.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...ed-tower-/814/
Old 09-27-2013, 05:25 PM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Jere. I thought that the LEDs i ordered now might not have the solder spots but they did

The LED light that Avispa posted the link to looks like an easy fit

1157 LED Bulb - Dual Intensity 45 SMD LED Tower
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2013, 07:38 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Here is a link to a film so you can see how the LED daytime driving lights and amber turn signals looks like on a C2
http://s414.photobucket.com/user/MrT...f204a.mp4.html
Old 09-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

Roger,

I looked at the link posted for dual color LED lights like you and I have last night. I could not find white/yellow dual color bulbs, listed on the website.

Did you find dual color yellwo/white LEDs, that I missed?
Old 09-28-2013, 12:49 PM
isac
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have these white led bulbs as drl's and turn signals in my car and they fit right in without hassle, 40% more candlepower than a new 1157 bulb so they're very bright in turn signal. They look bluish on my car but they're white, take a look here

Last edited by isac; 09-28-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:33 PM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Jere. I bought the LED`s(White/Amber Switch Back TurnSignal 60SMD LED Light 1157)on ebay.
There are plenty of rrom using the LED`S in the park lights
Note that this LED\`S have the 3 small solder spots on top of the socket that you have to file off some(i used a nail file and that worked great)
A metal nail file that is

You do not have to use resistors or anything like that. I just changed from regular 1157 bulbs to LE`s and it worked at once. If you are using LED tail lights you might need a LED relay

Link to the LED`s:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Amber-...:L:PMR:US:1123

Here is another link after i searched for White/Amber Switch Back TurnSignal 60SMD LED Light 1157 on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

If you search for White/Amber Switch Back TurnSignal 60SMD LED Light 1157 using goggle you will also find a lot who sells them

Last edited by TheSaint; 09-28-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:00 PM
65air_coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 365 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSaint
Here is a link to a film so you can see how the LED daytime driving lights and amber turn signals looks like on a C2
http://s414.photobucket.com/user/MrT...f204a.mp4.html
I like it! Do the running lights come on automatically or are they just your parking lights? Where did you get clear front lenses?
Old 09-29-2013, 11:12 AM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

65air_coupe. The running lights comes on when you put on the park light

I have had it like this for over 3 years since you have to use running lights in daylight here in this country.
If not there is a hefty fine

The owner before me back when i bought the car had extra lights under the front bumpers. Not pretty so that was the first thing i took off the car
Old 09-29-2013, 12:01 PM
TheSaint
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

isac. I did search for dual light LED`s both in Norway and Sweden but i did not find any like the ones on the picture that you found

On the link below is the dual LED`S that SuperBrightLeds.com have
http://www.superbrightleds.com/searc...0color%201157/

Anybody that have this in front and also use LED brake/tail/turn signal lights? Ids so i suppose you need a relay for it to work?
Attached Images  

Last edited by TheSaint; 09-29-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:56 PM
isac
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSaint
isac. I did search for dual light LED`s both in Norway and Sweden but i did not find any like the ones on the picture that you found

On the link below is the dual LED`S that SuperBrightLeds.com have
http://www.superbrightleds.com/searc...0color%201157/

Anybody that have this in front and also use LED brake/tail/turn signal lights? Ids so i suppose you need a relay for it to work?
Roger

On the pic you have the dual light LED bulbs that I have in the park/turn signals in my car and they work great , they fit and works great as tail / brake lights too but you'll need a new LED flasher if you do that.

Get notified of new replies

To Does any know of dual switchback LED`s without the solder spots on top of the socket

Quick Reply: Does any know of dual switchback LED`s without the solder spots on top of the socket