C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Custom Autosound Dash Speaker

Old 05-22-2014, 10:21 AM
66softtop
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Custom Autosound Dash Speaker

Has anyone purchase C2 dash speaker from Custom Autosound? I'm looking at replacing my original with a dual speaker with 60w. Will this work with my original radio?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Velox
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by 66softtop
Will this work with my original radio?
NO they will not be correct for your original radio. Your Delco requires a proper 10 ohm speaker with a load coil, and if you use one of the after market speakers of lower impedance it will destroy your radio's output transistor. A new correct replacement speaker will greatly improve you radio sound, they are available from many sources, one source is here http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm

Name:  Speaker.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  57.3 KB
Old 05-22-2014, 01:51 PM
66softtop
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Velox
NO they will not be correct for your original radio. Your Delco requires a proper 10 ohm speaker with a load coil, and if you use one of the after market speakers of lower impedance it will destroy your radio's output transistor. A new correct replacement speaker will greatly improve you radio sound, they are available from many sources, one source is here http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm

Attachment 47797520
Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Custom Autosound Dash Speaker

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Autosound Dash Speaker