C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Now, here's an order you don't mind hearing from your wife

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 11:54 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,581 Likes on 818 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Now, here's an order you don't mind hearing from your wife

My wife has a newly acquired C6 Grand Sport convertible. She broke her foot a few weeks ago and has it in a cast. It's her left foot and her car is a 6-speed manual.

I had an early morning doctor's appointment in another town this morning. Couldn't take the '67 because going to the Dr. is considered an "errand" by the insurance company and not covered. So, as I was heading out the door, she says, "You have to take my Corvette because I need the Honda to go to the store". It was a beautiful morning so I put the top down, turned on the tunes (thanks, Frankie, for turning me on to Pandora and iheart radio in my other thread) and hit the road.

Great morning ride, terrific music, and clean bill of health from the doc. What could be better?

-- Steve
Old 06-19-2014, 11:57 AM
leif.anderson93
Le Mans Master

Received 3,098 Likes on 1,866 Posts

Originally Posted by RatDog
My wife has a newly acquired C6 Grand Sport convertible. She broke her foot a few weeks ago and has it in a cast. It's her left foot and her car is a 6-speed manual.

I had an early morning doctor's appointment in another town this morning. Couldn't take the '67 because going to the Dr. is considered an "errand" by the insurance company and not covered. So, as I was heading out the door, she says, "You have to take my Corvette because I need the Honda to go to the store". It was a beautiful morning so I put the top down, turned on the tunes (thanks, Frankie, for turning me on to Pandora and iheart radio in my other thread) and hit the road.

Great morning ride, terrific music, and clean bill of health from the doc. What could be better?

-- Steve
The Lord works in mysterious ways
Old 06-19-2014, 12:38 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,184 Posts

Good to hear that you're doing well on all counts!

Old 06-19-2014, 01:05 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

Old 06-19-2014, 02:24 PM
magicv8
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Where DOES your insurance company allow you to drive your 67?
Old 06-19-2014, 02:28 PM
hedgehead
Race Director

Location: I'm not doing as well as I expected, but I never expected I would
Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by magicv8
Old 06-19-2014, 03:44 PM
K2
Melting Slicks

Received 130 Likes on 63 Posts

Glad you got to take good advantage of a bad situation. That reminded me of a story. In Jr high I was getting ready to take driver training and I broke my right leg skiing. I had a full length cast on my right leg and couldn't bend my ankle or knee. We had a new Ford Fairlane with manual 3 on the tree as a driver training car. I convinced my driving instructor that I could drive it with my cast on. I could operate the gas pedal by rolling my cast on and off but I couldn't move my leg from the gas pedal to the brake. Everytime I wanted to apply the brake I had to kick it in neutral first and use my left leg to brake. If I was starting on a hill I had to use the e-brake while I moved my foot from the brake to the clutch and then release the e-brake to go. I passed the class and didn't have to wait for my license. Can't believe he let me do it. Ahh the good old days.

Last edited by K2; 06-19-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:44 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by magicv8
My agreed value policy through the National Corvette Museum allows driving to car club events, parades, and pleasure driving (e.g., out to dinner, Sunday drives). It does not cover the car for day-to-day errands. I don't know for a fact that I wouldn't be covered on a trip to the doctor but I assume I wouldn't be because I was specifically told that I would not be covered if I drove the car to the gym (which is too bad since that might get me to the gym more often <LOL>).

From my research, all agreed value policies have those provisions, either outlined up-front where they're obvious or buried somewhere in the policy fine print lingo.

If anyone knows of a true agreed value policy where you can drive your car wherever you want, I'm all ears. I've asked this before but nothing has ever panned out. There always turns out to be usage restrictions.

Take care,
-- Steve
Old 06-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Too bad you had to 'suffer' so badly driving the newer Corvette.

I was actually out YOUR way around lunch time in historic Mt. Dora. Man - they've got the entire town's roadways torn completely up. Must be killing the tourist trade.

Wife and I skipped that mess and had lunch at the Italian place on 441 (I'm sure you know it) up near Tangerine (yes folks - that's actually a Florida town)...
Old 06-19-2014, 04:00 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Too bad you had to 'suffer' so badly driving the newer Corvette.

I was actually out YOUR way around lunch time in historic Mt. Dora. Man - they've got the entire town's roadways torn completely up. Must be killing the tourist trade.

Wife and I skipped that mess and had lunch at the Italian place on 441 (I'm sure you know it) up near Tangerine (yes folks - that's actually a Florida town)...
You must mean Vincent's. I haven't eaten there but my wife has. Pretty popular place.

Yes, they've had the downtown torn up for awhile. They showed a car on one of the Orlando news stations several months ago that was destroyed because a heavy rainstorm washed out the soil where the street was torn up and the car fell in, kinda like a mini sinkhole.

Next time you and your bride are over this way, let me know and we'll all do lunch.

And for you folks who think Tangerine is a strange name for a town, there's a town up in the panhandle named Two Egg. And, of course, there's the always popular Sopchoppy, FL.

-- Steve

-- Steve
Old 06-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

You must mean Vincent's. I haven't eaten there but my wife has. Pretty popular place.

Yes, they've had the downtown torn up for awhile. They showed a car on one of the Orlando news stations several months ago that was destroyed because a heavy rainstorm washed out the soil where the street was torn up and the car fell in, kinda like a mini sinkhole.

Next time you and your bride are over this way, let me know and we'll all do lunch.

And for you folks who think Tangerine is a strange name for a town, there's a town up in the panhandle named Two Egg. And, of course, there's the always popular Sopchoppy, FL.

-- Steve

-- Steve
Will do.

Drove through Sopchoppy a few weeks back with forum member wmf62. And we should not forget Christmas, FL either -- I have to go through that town on my way to Eckler's in Titusville.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:32 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Will do.

Drove through Sopchoppy a few weeks back with forum member wmf62. And we should not forget Christmas, FL either -- I have to go through that town on my way to Eckler's in Titusville.
Did you go through Carabelle and check out the world's smallest police station?

Old 06-19-2014, 06:01 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Steve,
You don't live far from a good friend (I visit once a year) in Las Colinas in Howey-in-the-Hills. If we ever get off the golf courses, I'll give you a shout.
Rick
Old 06-19-2014, 06:23 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ricks327
Steve,
You don't live far from a good friend (I visit once a year) in Las Colinas in Howey-in-the-Hills. If we ever get off the golf courses, I'll give you a shout.
Rick
Rick - Yes, give me a shout. Howey-in-the-Hills is pretty close. If I'm not mistaken, Las Colinas is real close to where Hwy 19 takes a dog leg turn. My wife asked me the other day about heading over to Howie to check out JB Boondocks Bar and Grill one of these days. Ever been there during your visits to the area?

Actually, I believe several forum members live in proximity to Howey-in-the-Hills.

-- Steve
Old 06-19-2014, 06:30 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Rick - Yes, give me a shout. Howey-in-the-Hills is pretty close. If I'm not mistaken, Las Colinas is real close to where Hwy 19 takes a dog leg turn. My wife asked me the other day about heading over to Howie to check out JB Boondocks Bar and Grill one of these days. Ever been there during your visits to the area?

Actually, I believe several forum members live in proximity to Howey-in-the-Hills.

-- Steve
Is JB Boondocks on the lake?
Old 06-19-2014, 06:38 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ricks327
Is JB Boondocks on the lake?
Yes it's on Little Lake Harris. Appears to be a popular place with bikers and boaters.

www.jbboondocks.com

-- Steve
Old 06-19-2014, 08:01 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Yeah, well, have you Floridians ever been to Jupiter?

Get notified of new replies

To Now, here's an order you don't mind hearing from your wife

Old 06-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

No - but I've been to Intercourse, PA and the city of Hell (in the Bahamas).
Old 06-19-2014, 08:18 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Yup, done those too.

Also been to Joe, Montana!

Old 06-19-2014, 08:38 PM
ricks327
Race Director

I've been to Hell, Michigan and back!