C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Harry Mann Plate Frame

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 01:30 PM
bmarsh451
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harry Mann PLate Frame

Ok, I will admit I am a rookie on Harry Mann frames; got a question. What is a Harry Mann blue insert card that goes with the frame?
Thanks to all in advance
Old 09-18-2014, 10:06 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Default You and everyone else, weren't supposed to see that!

Originally Posted by bmarsh451
Ok, I will admit I am a rookie on Harry Mann frames; got a question. What is a Harry Mann blue insert card that goes with the frame?
Thanks to all in advance
Those are the original new car front license plate inserts that are rarer and harder to find (original) than the plate frame. If one ever surfaces, it is either one that someone poached from me/from my original and reproduced, or it will be super expensive and probably beat up.

I have a number of those also, as you can see the Nickey Chevrolet/Bill Thomas one in the picture and the Champion one in that same picture. I like those also! But honestly, I am seeing more and more of these types of things duplicated. I have a nice new Yenko one that someone had printed.

You also can't be that naïve! They have had those things on new cars going clear back to when Fred Flintstone got his at Rock Auto to George Jetson. I guess your significant other doesn't let you out of the house much! If you were let out of the house more, you would probably have one on a New Corvette that you could not leave abandoned sitting there unloved on a new car lot in your Town.

Last edited by TCracingCA; 09-18-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Bsting1
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey TCracing I tried to send u a message but said your mailbox was full. Could u send me a message when you get a chance regarding some frames I have thanks
Old 05-13-2017, 01:59 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Harry Mann license plate frame - $300 (AGOURA Hills)

Harry Mann license plate frame. Very good condition. A must for any Corvette originally from the premier west coast Corvette dealer.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:18 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Bsting1
Hey TCracing I tried to send u a message but said your mailbox was full. Could u send me a message when you get a chance regarding some frames I have thanks
Wow old thread, but I am Ok with that!

I dont even try to do the PM thing, it has been clogged up for years! The mods should just disconnect that feature from me!

I now contribute a great wealth of sharing over in PRC. So if anyone wants to find me, just try to locate what I am rambling on about where ever I may be and hit me up!

So cool! You scored some cool plate frames! They are fun to have! I have most of the SoCal Vintage dealerships, and just added a Ridgecrest Hsl Greene one, just because I used to go up and work sneaky secret stuff at China Lake Naval Weapons testing base!

So so what did you score and what is your question? I still weekly pursue more knowledge on Vintage car history! I have advanced my knowledge some on them!

I have been mostly working my usual topics of late still:
The secret stuff related to the development of the big blocks, specific to the Can Am and differing classes of Drag racing!
Some work on the SCCSCC (Sic Sic), I have found more stuff on all of that!
I was working on SoCal SCCA and Cal Club races (Regional and National).
The entire history of Traco!
Histories on the Corvette shops owned and histories by my friends Dick Guldstrand, Doug Hooper, Mike Scott! And history of my friend Andy Porterfield!
I have actually been working on the real cars! And almost broke my normal operating mode of not attending car shows! I donated the entry fee to their charity and told them to give away my spot!
I am cataloging every still existing Porsche Sports Racer!
I am Polishing my 12 Bolt Corvette Posi Carrier!
Etc

Quick Reply: Harry Mann Plate Frame