C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Shipping seat frames

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 08:50 PM
csysman
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Shipping seat frames

Ok this may sound like a dumb question ...I just took my seats out on my 67 coupe -and am looking for some different options to ship them off to Corvette America for new seat covers .. the seat frames and backs are what im shipping (i stripped the covers,foam,and burlap off- they still feel pretty heavy- if some one has done this - and im sure that quite a few have - what size box will I need and where did you get one ? I am thinking to ship both seat frames and backs in one box - and who did you use - ?
Thanx for any input -
Old 03-09-2015, 09:25 PM
vintagecorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Get a large box from Uhaul and ship Fedex. I just shipped a pair to NYC. No problems. I stuffed the box with some old foam.

Originally Posted by csysman
Ok this may sound like a dumb question ...I just took my seats out on my 67 coupe -and am looking for some different options to ship them off to Corvette America for new seat covers .. the seat frames and backs are what im shipping (i stripped the covers,foam,and burlap off- they still feel pretty heavy- if some one has done this - and im sure that quite a few have - what size box will I need and where did you get one ? I am thinking to ship both seat frames and backs in one box - and who did you use - ?
Thanx for any input -
Old 03-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 647 Likes on 276 Posts

You can stake them pretty tight on top of each other then measure the outside dimension. I shipped my 63 seats in a cardboard box, 24x24x20? maybe. I think I used Fedex ground, or maybe UPS, but it wasn't that expensive. No packing needed, IMO. <$50 I think.

Get notified of new replies

To Shipping seat frames

Quick Reply: Shipping seat frames