C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Ignition switch wiring, 2 extra dark green wires

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 04:00 AM
wmhaans
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition switch wiring, 2 extra dark green wires

In my -57, I have besides the pink, purple, brown, black and dark green wires, I have two more dark green wires. They are connected to the IGN1 connector in the middle, but the wires are cut off. I can not find any wiring diagram with these wires, but I have seen at least one more person asking for the same thing. Any idea what those two green wires have been used for?
Old 03-22-2015, 04:51 AM
56dave
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by wmhaans
In my -57, I have besides the pink, purple, brown, black and dark green wires, I have two more dark green wires. They are connected to the IGN1 connector in the middle, but the wires are cut off. I can not find any wiring diagram with these wires, but I have seen at least one more person asking for the same thing. Any idea what those two green wires have been used for?
I have attached a few pictures showing what your switch should look like.
Dave
Attached Images   
Old 03-23-2015, 07:21 PM
wmhaans
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice pictures

Thanks Dave!

Really good pictures and definitely a good work you have done there. My switch is connected exactly the same way, however in the middle there two more dark green wires connected to the IGN1, and that are cut off. Any idea?
Old 03-24-2015, 04:19 PM
56dave
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by wmhaans
Thanks Dave!

Really good pictures and definitely a good work you have done there. My switch is connected exactly the same way, however in the middle there two more dark green wires connected to the IGN1, and that are cut off. Any idea?
I am not sure I understand you have two more wires connected on IGN1 and that are cut off.??????
Are they cut off and do not go anywhere. Are they just short pieces of wire inches long.
Is it possible in its lifetime there was a kill switch.
Do you have a picture???
Are the wires the same color as the original green attached to the switch.????

Get notified of new replies

To Ignition switch wiring, 2 extra dark green wires

Quick Reply: Ignition switch wiring, 2 extra dark green wires