C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 Modern Wiring harness Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 02:09 PM
1rad55
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts
Default C2 Modern Wiring harness Question

Does any mfg. make a modern wiring harness with new type fuses and labeling on each wire where it connects for a C2. Ideally, it would also have the two piece plug connector at the firewall like the factory. Please advise and thanks in advance as I'm restro moding my 66 Coupe.

Chuck
Old 06-16-2015, 08:23 PM
TJefferson2020
Race Director

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by 1rad55
Does any mfg. make a modern wiring harness with new type fuses and labeling on each wire where it connects for a C2. Ideally, it would also have the two piece plug connector at the firewall like the factory. Please advise and thanks in advance as I'm restro moding my 66 Coupe.

Chuck
I don't know of any. I used a Painless 12 circuit system on mine. No firewall connector anymore. Great mil spec wiring system, each wired labeled, modern fuses, master fuse - the whole nine. I even ran the wires for a future upgrade to electric fans.

Electrical is one thing I don't have to worry about. In my case, I couldn't justify buying all repro wiring harnesses - too expensive. I put the money into the drive train and suspension.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:56 PM
j_66chevelle
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

American Autowire is supposed to be out with one this year 2015
Old 06-17-2015, 06:57 PM
Pop Chevy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 781 Likes on 534 Posts
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I put American Autowire in my 60. Nice setup, but labor intensive . Time well spent though.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Mikey Hawks
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SnakePlisken
I don't know of any. I used a Painless 12 circuit system on mine. No firewall connector anymore. Great mil spec wiring system, each wired labeled, modern fuses, master fuse - the whole nine. I even ran the wires for a future upgrade to electric fans.

Electrical is one thing I don't have to worry about. In my case, I couldn't justify buying all repro wiring harnesses - too expensive. I put the money into the drive train and suspension.

Snake, I'm doing a frame off resto on my '64 (no A/C and with backup lites) and I'm ready to wire. I'm looking at the Painless system. Refresh my memory please. How many wiring sets are necessary? I thought I remembered 3 coming off. Dash, engine bay, and rear end. Is there more or less? Can I get a complete setup that does it all? Thanks.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:13 PM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,963 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey Hawks
Snake, I'm doing a frame off resto on my '64 (no A/C and with backup lites) and I'm ready to wire. I'm looking at the Painless system. Refresh my memory please. How many wiring sets are necessary? I thought I remembered 3 coming off. Dash, engine bay, and rear end. Is there more or less? Can I get a complete setup that does it all? Thanks.
I used a Painless 18 circuit on my 63. It has everything for basic circuits and extras like power windows and electric fuel pumps but you need to be creative. It isn't designed for the headlight rollover switch control or the heater control to blower motor harness. I had to keep lots of factory connectors and make my own "sub harnesses".

It also has wires long enough to wire a school bus.

Got to thinking, also had to remake the wiper switch to wiper motor sub harness. Like I said, you need to be creative or at least competent to duplicate some of the factory sub harnesses.

Last edited by BADBIRDCAGE; 07-21-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C2 Modern Wiring harness Question

Quick Reply: C2 Modern Wiring harness Question