C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

67 Heater Blower Motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Kuhn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 67 Heater Blower Motor

I installed a new blower motor, turned the switch and it would not run. It is getting power but it needs to be grounded. I manually grounded the motor and it will run.
Where do I check or what wire for the ground.
Thanks!
Old 08-12-2015, 04:02 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

The ground is a lug on the case of the blower motor under the hood by the fan motor itself.. A black wire comes from the windshield wiper motor and connects to that lug on the housing, then a black wire also in that connector comes out and goes under a bolt head on the starter motor. It has a ring on the end that goes under the starter bolt. That black wire grounds both the w/s wipers and the blower, so if the wipers work, the lug is probably off the blower housing. If the wipers don't work, the black wire must be disconnected or broken between the blower and the starter bolt. That's the correct grounding, you can ground it to any chassis or motor ground and it will work, but it came the way I described. If you changed it out and didn't move the lug over, that could be the problem, or if you just left the female connector off that goes to the lug, that would also do it.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:15 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Name:  fan_wiper grounds.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  89.9 KB
Old 09-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Kuhn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my new blower working! I followed the black wire from the blower motor to the starter. I found the black wire was not making a good connection.
Thanks for your help!

Get notified of new replies

To 67 Heater Blower Motor

Quick Reply: 67 Heater Blower Motor