C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Valve cover decals - won't stick

Old 09-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Bob 66 coupe
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Valve cover decals - won't stick

I cannot get the valve cover decals to stick. Engine was repainted last year and since then I have installed 4 or 5 sets of decals. the problem is with the decals on the top of the valve cover the TurboFire decals. The 300 hp stickers on the side of the valve covers have not ben a problem, same ones installed last year. I have tired cleaning with gas, alcohol and 409. Nothing seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I quit using those PITA mylar decals and went with the aluminum versions MUCH more durable and should stick with no issues:

https://www.paragoncorvette.com/p-35...decal-kit.aspx
Old 09-23-2015, 09:22 PM
still cruzin
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

If one set of decals sticks and another does not, I would come to the conclusion that the decals (adhesive) are defective. Are you getting both decals from the same vender?

Bob
Old 09-23-2015, 09:42 PM
Bob 66 coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by still cruzin
If one set of decals sticks and another does not, I would come to the conclusion that the decals (adhesive) are defective. Are you getting both decals from the same vender?

Bob
I have gotten the TurboFire decals from different vendors, doesn't seem to make a difference, however they may be getting them from the same source
Old 09-24-2015, 09:08 AM
lonzoo
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Bob...I went thru 2 sets and had the same problem. Vendor sent replacements and when I put them on I decided to try something different..I put them on when motor was hot !! Don't know why but it worked and they have been on over a year now..go figure.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Bob 66 coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by lonzoo
Bob...I went thru 2 sets and had the same problem. Vendor sent replacements and when I put them on I decided to try something different..I put them on when motor was hot !! Don't know why but it worked and they have been on over a year now..go figure.
Might try that - maybe it cures the adhesive - I have been ordering the decals several sets at a time!

Get notified of new replies

To Valve cover decals - won't stick

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Valve cover decals - won't stick