C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 11:42 PM
Viet Nam Vett
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 259 Likes on 183 Posts
2015 C2 of Year
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10, '14-'15

Default Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate

[Modified by Viet Nam Vett, 10:43 PM 8/26/2002]
Old 08-26-2002, 11:52 PM
kenmo
Le Mans Master

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (Viet Nam Vett)

Did anyone talk to this "clown" ? What was he motivation for doing this ? Does he hate Vettes ?

And to make matters worse, he has the gaul to show up at the Vette Mecca with this nightmare.

I think they should be more selective in who they allow to participate.

This "joker" has turned a great piece of American automobile technology and heritage into a nightmare. A car that may one day have had some collector value is now worthless. I suppose if he had Superman #1 he would rip off the covers and draw moustaches on Lois Lane !

I'm burning just thinking about this ! :mad
Old 08-27-2002, 10:15 AM
achapman
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (kenmo)

You want to talk to him.... here he is..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 08-27-2002, 11:55 AM
Cmacsvette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (Viet Nam Vett)

Viet Nam Vette,

Just when I thougt I was done with the first posting, I found myself waiting
for the REST OF THE STORY.
I'am totally motivated in my Resto., after reading sign on back of car :yesnod:
Also, thanks to you Viet Nam Vette, Deb wants a set of those tires on her 93 now. :yesnod:

Where else, but in good old America! God Bless Her! :flag :flag :flag :flag

P.S. You can't see my BIG ORANGE pic anymore, well thats O.K. I figured you guys can see that BIG sucker in your sleep Now!

:cool: :cool: :cool: Sweet Dreams :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

[Modified by Cmacsvette, 9:55 PM 8/27/2002]
Old 08-27-2002, 06:07 PM
14-Paul
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (Cmacsvette)

Wow, what an eyesore. someone needs to spend a little more $ on resto parts than LSD!

I was wondering what the heck that rope going from the trailer hitch, around the exhaust, and into the window was for,
But then i saw what is either a 'chamber pot' or a dog bowl with yellow water... :U
Fido must be the only one who will ride with him, and he's gotta tie the dog up with that big as# rope to keep HIM from running away!

then again, with the pillows and blankets shoved under the car, maybe he has to tie his wife to the car to keep her from running off?????

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-27-2002, 06:24 PM
Swamp Thang
Melting Slicks

As much as we may not like it, I'll bet it was the most photographed car there !!!!
Old 08-27-2002, 06:29 PM
kenmo
Le Mans Master

And the resale value of this car will be.....? My god, this would be a restorers nightmare, worse then any "backyard, down in the weeds" junker I've ever seen.

Anyone know this guy ? Does he have other Vettes or classic cars ? Now I know what happened to one of Timonthy Leary's cars !

[Modified by kenmo, 4:30 PM 8/27/2002]
Old 08-27-2002, 07:09 PM
Mel Foye
Racer

Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (Swamp Thang)

Way to busy of a paint job for me. But not my time, money, car or effort so to each his own. Mel
Old 08-28-2002, 12:21 AM
stingray72
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (Mel Foye)

That dudes sneakers were actually painted to match his car. No bull.

George
Old 08-28-2002, 01:15 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (stingray72)

Somebody shoot it. :crazy:
Old 08-28-2002, 01:23 AM
Denney
Melting Slicks

I guess I may be the only one to say that it is his car, and as far as value I suspect he probably couldn't have picked a better year to create his "masterpiece" (I doubt 85's will ever be a highly sought after year for Corvette collectors, but that is only my opinion). Afterall, it's a free country and he can do whatever he wants to his car. If that is what he wants, far be it for me to tell him he shouldn't. To a true "purist", adding fender flares, wings, 502 engines, or painting a vette other than the original color is equally sacreligeous I suppose. To each his own.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:48 AM
yooperod
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to Quote Capt Kirk "too much LDS"
rod
Old 08-28-2002, 08:48 PM
00fxd
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

To each his own is one thing. To modify with good taste and intelligence is another. The worst thing we can do is pay ANY attention whatsoever to the now piece of junk and the fool that owns it, including taking pictures. I agree with kenmo, they should be more selective with who they let in and bar obvious idiots at the gate when it comes to showing a car like that. It makes a mockery of what is to be an intelligent car show. Lets see the goof get into Pebble Beach! Someone should tie that rope to the poopie on his face and let his [no doubt] ugly pig of a wife take the car for rip.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:27 PM
threeimpalas
Instructor

Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (Denney)

I guess I may be the only one to say that it is his car, and as far as value I suspect he probably couldn't have picked a better year to create his "masterpiece" (I doubt 85's will ever be a highly sought after year for Corvette collectors, but that is only my opinion).
Old 08-29-2002, 09:23 PM
kenmo
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (Denney)

A 85 Vette may never be a collectors item BUT bottom line, it's still a Vette. Would someone do this to a Ferarri or a Porsche ?

I agree about the "freedom of choice" and "we live in America" rationale but there are some things we just do not do. We do not deface our nations flag, we do not make a mockery of religion, and we do not deface classic art or vintage cars.

If he wanted to display his art on a car, why not choise a Skoda, a Lada or a Toyota Corolla. Leave classic cars alone. They are a part of our heritage. Be proud of them !

:mad
Old 08-29-2002, 09:47 PM
busfran
Instructor

Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (00fxd)

Your comments relating intelligence and Corvette car shows raises the question - What are the characteristics of an "intelligent" car show? Is it the overall intelligence of the participants? Are Corvette shows more intelligent than say, a Camaro car show?

I have seen some things done with fiberglass that, in my opinion, are a lot more hideous than the painting displayed on this car. Of course, that is my opinion and as everyone knows, we all have one of those also.

[Modified by busfran, 7:51 PM 8/29/2002]
Old 08-30-2002, 02:01 AM
00fxd
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (busfran)

Some peoples tastes are debatable and some things are way over the line. For this fool to actually show up at a Corvette meet AND to to be allowed in to show his abused "car" is an insult to the spirit of the show. I'm quite sure that if I was there I would have been sorely tempted to lure him around back of the barn and... you know the rest. The guy craves attention, that should do it.

Get notified of new replies

To Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate

Old 08-30-2002, 07:18 AM
kenmo
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate (00fxd)

This car is a mockery. It mocks Corvettes, Corvette heritage & Corvette owners. There is not one square inch of this vehicle (except for windshield, glass or lights) that has not been defaced.

This is one sick puppy whom craves attention....... :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
Old 08-30-2002, 10:18 AM
Donn 66
Pro

CI3 Car Show Winner
Cruise-In III Veteran

How do I say this with tack? Sorry I can't what a pile of crap! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 08-30-2002, 11:18 AM
ARed64
Racer

Perhaps I am a little biased having purchased an '85 Vette new and owning it until 1998. These were awesome cars in their day. The only mass produced automobile at the time to break 150 MPH (I saw 141 in mine before I ran out of road). These cars had gobs of torque and were a vast improvement over the '84. They also did well in racing.
I fondly remember racing a friend in his new Porche 928 at the time. He thought it was hot stuff. I smoked him in a stoplight race. He could not believe a lowly Corvette could beat the best that Germany had to offer (at a much lower price).

Who knows what will be collectable in the future? There are those that say that mid year Vettes will become less collectable as baby boomers age and die off, much like what has happened to the model A Fords of Grandpa's generation.

I remember in the mid 70s, the prices on big block vettes - any year - 67s, sharks etc. Nobody wanted them. I can remember in 1976 a guy with a body shop who had a slightly damaged big block vette sitting behind the shop. It had been in an accident. The owner did not come and retrieve the car as it was not worth fixing. Probably needed about $1,000 in body work. The shop owner would have sold it for $400. It even had a removable hardtop on it. Nobody could have predicted the collectability of these cars today.

While an owner is entitled to do what they want with their car, I just hope this isn't my old '85.

Quick Reply: Last Pic's of the Hand Painted 85 That Everybody Loves to Hate