C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

64 fuel sending unit wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 09:48 PM
gccch
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Default 64 fuel sending unit wiring question

I'm doing my rear tail lights and reconnecting the rear wiring harness. It is the original wiring and sending unit, although I removed the sending unit and replaced the seals. I don't remember all the details, but I notice one of the sending unit terminals is a different diameter than the other. Of course, the wire for the larger one seems to "remember" going to the smaller one (and vice versa).

Is there a good chance I mistakenly swapped the terminals as I was changing the washer/seal?

I think I know the answer, but before I go taking it apart... I though I would ask.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:29 PM
buns
Safety Car

Received 690 Likes on 537 Posts

I'm not sure what your question is, but here is a diagram of the circuit. The small and large terminals are displayed.

Attached Images  
Old 01-07-2016, 11:37 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 736 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by buns
I'm not sure what your question is, but here is a diagram of the circuit. The small and large terminals are displayed.

Here are the studs on the sender of my '65. See Tim's diagram above for the colors for your 64.

Dave Z

Old 01-08-2016, 11:14 AM
gccch
Drifting

This is perfect info. and all i will need to answer my question.

I'm trying to figure out if I mistakenly swapped the terminal for the Brown wire to the position of the Black/Pink, and vice versa. Once I get home again I can compare to these pics and should be able to figure it out.

Thanks,
Old 01-09-2016, 10:32 AM
gccch
Drifting

I did not make the mistake I suspected. The black/pink wire is just very tight running from the clip over the reverse light to the terminal.

Last edited by gccch; 01-09-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 64 fuel sending unit wiring question

Quick Reply: 64 fuel sending unit wiring question