C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

66 Coupe Window Glass Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 09:52 PM
Jeht
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 66 Coupe Window Glass Removal

I have a build manual in the mail but can someone direct me to a post or help me out with this. I will be changing felt in the tracks plus I will be removing both vent/door glass while doors are removed for paint. Cannot lower the door glass far enough to remove the screws holding the trim, is there a sequence in the steps for removal?
Old 03-18-2016, 11:00 PM
StingU2
Safety Car

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

This may help...

1. Remove the door glass. To get the glass out of the door, you must first remove the vent window assembly. Remove the Phillips head screws hidden by the door weatherstrip along the upper edge of the door. Remove the 7/16” washer head nut at the bot- tom of the vent window and note its approximate adjustment position.

2. Remove the vent window regulator.

3. Loosen the Philips head screws that hold the lower
glass channel to the rear of the door. Now that the vent window and channel are loose, disconnect the glass from its sash by loosening the two 7/16” nuts with the integral star washers. Lower the glass and move to the rear of the door.

4. You can now move the vent window assembly back at the top and pull it out of the door by twisting it slightly as you pull. Sometimes you can remove the lower adjustment stud to ease the removal from the door. Remove the glass.

5. You can now replace the weatherstrip for the vent window and the front channels. You can also replace the upper and rear channels (coupe). Also lubricate the window regulator, vent window regulator, channel slides and lock mechanism.

6. Reassemble in reverse order.

-Bruce
The following users liked this post:
Jeht (03-18-2016)
Old 03-19-2016, 05:54 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

You will want to do the INVERSE of the method in this thread; basically Sting's method with a few nice tips:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589792187

Get notified of new replies

To 66 Coupe Window Glass Removal

Quick Reply: 66 Coupe Window Glass Removal