C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

64 Coupe Body Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Lexiboy2012
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 64 Coupe Body Mounts

Tonight, I finally wrapped up a Month and a half body off to install all the body mounts and some welding on the rails was necessary. Still have to bleed brakes because I ran new fuel and brake line while the body was up. It is indeed a big job and I have a Rotary lift which was a tremendous advantage. I just couldn't stand looking at those old squished mounts any longer. If you do it, block up the front end while it's suspended. I also removed the gas tank due to welding the #4 brackets and the one inboard bracket mount. Measure, measure, measure before cutting off old brackets....I'm glad I did it, but not looking forward to doing my brothers!!!!!
Old 03-19-2016, 09:22 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,008 Likes on 2,528 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Old 03-21-2016, 09:38 PM
Lexiboy2012
8th Gear

Default Body mounts

Well Mr Railroadman...looks as though you are very good at Emojis, I'm betting you would never need a picture cause you are probably very limited as to what you are able to do away from the keyboard...no need to answer back, cause you are not interested other than to be a Jack ... know it all.

use your imagination and ......PICTURE THIS !!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:44 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,465 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Originally Posted by Lexiboy2012
Well Mr Railroadman...looks as though you are very good at Emojis, I'm betting you would never need a picture cause you are probably very limited as to what you are able to do away from the keyboard...no need to answer back, cause you are not interested other than to be a Jack ... know it all.

Son....with that reply you are treading on very thin ice. The last person who went down that same road has not been seen or heard from anymore!. If you want help, it requires respect. Dennis
The following users liked this post:
Railroadman (03-22-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 09:59 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

Railroadman is a good dude- the emoji thing he posted up hasn't been taken in offense once in the time I've been on the forum (2009?); we just all like to see photos.

There are plenty of unnecessary comments and digs to go around here but I would consider him to be among the best "regulars" we have.
The following users liked this post:
Railroadman (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 11:05 AM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,008 Likes on 2,528 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I guess you have been reading "How To Win Friends And Influence People".

Look, when a n00b joins a forum, a prudent thing to do is lurk a while, read some back pages, and get a feel got how the place works. If you had done so, you would have learned that since we all love Corvettes, we love seeing pics of them. It's been that way since before I joined the forum. And the demand for pics - as indicated in that emoji - is made with good humor. USUALLY it is received the same way, except by those who come on here with a bug up their tailpipe.

I have no idea why you think I'm a know-it-all. I have owned 2 C-1's and 2 C-2's, but I'll be the first to say there are many guys on here who have forgotten way more than I will ever know. OTOH I have done a fair amount of wrenching on my vehicles and if you want the truth, I am way better away from a keyboard than behind one.

If you are actually someone who DOES care about cars and sincerely wants the advice and help this forum can provide, I suggest you undergo a significant attitude adjustment. You will not get much sympathy or information if your first move is to be a jackwagon. On the other hand, we do occasionally get those on here who join just to rock the boat and be obnoxious. (some of them even come back under new screen names). If that's the case, your true colors will continue to emerge.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:12 PM
Lexiboy2012
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67
Son....with that reply you are treading on very thin ice. The last person who went down that same road has not been seen or heard from anymore!. If you want help, it requires respect. Dennis
Don't need help....Dennis. I love Vettes also. Peace Brother!

Get notified of new replies

To 64 Coupe Body Mounts

Quick Reply: 64 Coupe Body Mounts