C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

67 Shifter Console recondition?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 09:44 PM
johngandersonjr
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Default 67 Shifter Console recondition?

Wondering if there are places that recondition shifter consoles? or better to find a good used one and repaint to teal?

I have a 67 Teal Manual with no power windows. It has quite a few pits and the ends towards the firewall has green oxidation.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:29 AM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by johngandersonjr
Wondering if there are places that recondition shifter consoles? or better to find a good used one and repaint to teal?

I have a 67 Teal Manual with no power windows. It has quite a few pits and the ends towards the firewall has green oxidation.
I sent mine here.
http://corvettespecialtiesofmdwest.com
Old 05-16-2016, 02:32 PM
Tiros
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by johngandersonjr

Strip it with aircraft paint remover, shine it up with Mothers, you may be surprised with the result. If it looks good, paint it, not much to lose.

Get notified of new replies

To 67 Shifter Console recondition?

Quick Reply: 67 Shifter Console recondition?