C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Big Block Accessory drives

Old 05-19-2016, 07:22 PM
Donnie V
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Block Accessory drives

Hi Everyone, been away for a while getting a new engine built.
I have a 1965 C2 Convertible which I believe was originally a BB car (not sure). Blew up the SB and am having a Mark IV 454 built for it.

Can anyone help me as I have been getting conflicting advice regarding the pulleys and brackets.

I will be ordering a Short water pump from Summit but need the various brackets and pulleys. It also has a Borgenson power steering conversion, it was previously steering by Armstrong.

I would like to use aluminum pulleys from say March but have been told that Corvette accessories need the original brackets and pulleys such as from Corvette Central or they will not line up.

Can someone tell me if this is true and I have to go with original equipment pulleys and brackets?

Is there some way that I can confirm whether it was originally a BB, it has the Harrison aluminum rad and the BB hood but I don't think that means anything. If it was not a BB I will obviously also need new springs and Stabilizer bar.

Thanks for any help, I live in Canada and the summers here are short so every day counts.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:42 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,597 Posts

you may want to read this link and make sure you have the pulley indent on the frame
http://www.71corvette.com/frames.html
Old 05-20-2016, 01:17 PM
Donnie V
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by MelWff
you may want to read this link and make sure you have the pulley indent on the frame
http://www.71corvette.com/frames.html
Thanks for the info. Its little things like this that can cause big headaches latter.

Get notified of new replies

To Big Block Accessory drives

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big Block Accessory drives