Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I sold my 08 C6 and bought a Mid-Year Coupe......

Old 07-11-2019, 06:39 PM
CorvetteMikeB
CF Senior Member

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Marzahl View Post
Buy a C2 Restomod, best of both worlds.
" For reliability, better comfort, and modern upgraded drivability. "
Old 07-11-2019, 07:20 PM
LouieM
CF Senior Member

Received 422 Likes on 254 Posts

I'm another one with a midyear (67 convertible) and C6 (07 coupe). My 67 with 4 spd, 327 and AC is a joy on shorter trips, although I have driven it nearly 800 miles in a day. Tune ups last for 5+ years and not much has gone wrong with it since having the engine was rebuilt ten years ago. I stay on top of maintenance, so if something needs work I get it done immediately. Definitely get the AC since our older bodies need it. I often drive 100-200 mile on trips to the coast, etc. and the car has not let me down. I rarely go to car shows. I would not use a C2 as a daily driver, but as a fun machine it is nearly impossible to top. Get one now before time moves even further along!
Old 07-13-2019, 11:16 AM
corvettekent
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my '60 Corvette in 1988 and still own and drive it.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:10 AM
Easy Rhino
CF Senior Member

Received 884 Likes on 660 Posts

Lots of good advice and perspective above so far. I, too, have a C2 (1965 Vert) and a C6 (daily driver). Completely different cars with entirely different purposes, and pluses and minuses, but not interchangeable in a real way.

With my C6 I can travel 800 miles in a day in all weather and arrive fresh and rested, use every day for commuting, have next to no maintenance costs (except tires) or road service calls, no need to wrench on it if I don't want to, can park it anywhere, have normal and cheap insurance and gas mileage, and can be pretty anonymous whenever and wherever I take it and leave it. But it can flat out get up and go, can stop on a dime, and go around a curve on one wheel.

With my C2, there are essentially no safety, comfort, or convenience systems, and driving 800 miles in a day would pretty much wear you out (with no PS, PB, Auto, AC, power anything). It is heavy on maintenance (was even when new), and at 54 years old has lots of "Doctor's appointments" (but is generally not too hard to fix), gets lousy gas mileage, is loud, leaky, rough, and borderline brutal. I am careful where I park it and cannot fade into the background when out in it. But it is much more fun - a much more visceral experience - to drive than a C6.

Not really comparable cars at all IMO. The C6 is totally 21st century, but the C2 is the cars I grew up driving with.

Last edited by Easy Rhino; 07-14-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:33 PM
Tigershark3
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I've got both a C6 and a '66 coupe and agree with the previous posts. If I take my '66 out it's for coffee, a car show or a short cruise. It's rough riding, noisy and more demanding due to the lack of PS or PB but I still love it. Puts a smile on my face rowing through the gears listening to 60's tunes. Here's two examples:

or my current favorite

Regards,
Greg

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If I sold my 08 C6 and bought a Mid-Year Coupe......

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: