C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Convertible rear window seal

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 09:42 AM
65RedC2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Convertible rear window seal

The seal on my rear window started letting go and I eventually just removed it. My top is actually in great shape.
Is it possible to have the plastic rear window installed in the original top?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 09-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Unless an upholstery shop has a hand held stitching machine, I don't know of a way. Removing the top might be a way, but I don't think the results will be very good and will waste your money. Dennis
Old 09-21-2016, 10:11 AM
65RedC2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67
Unless an upholstery shop has a hand held stitching machine, I don't know of a way. Removing the top might be a way, but I don't think the results will be very good and will waste your money. Dennis
Thanks Dennis, that's what I figured. If the top has to come off might as well go with a new one for the price.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:55 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67

Replace the top..as I read you plan on doing....and hopefully a shop in your area KNOWS how to correctly install the top so it is fitted correctly. I can say that in my area there are many upholstery shops that do not install them correctly.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Convertible rear window seal

Quick Reply: Convertible rear window seal