C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Classic Corvette Damaged During Final Restoration Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Avispa
Safety Car

Received 885 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by MOXIE62
I don't carry classic car insurance on my car. Dumb you say, yes maybe, but only dumb if I need it. One reason is I do not believe any of these so called classic car insurance sellers about paying off. I would like to hear from anybody that has had the bad luck to collect from them. Did they pay like they said they would and who was the company that sold the insurance.
I had a really bad accident in 2010. Infinity paid off like a slot machine. No hassles, no fighting over actual cost to repair.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:51 PM
MOXIE62
Safety Car

Received 333 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Yes, $2700 no question asked payout to repair my '61 windshield cracked from a gravel strike. American Collector's Insurance in 2008.

Try explaining to a generic auto insurance company adjuster why a windshield R&R costs $2700 and why it costs extra for an LOF etched logo with date code.

Pack a lunch and bring crayons.

The concerns about classic car insurance company payouts are specious. All the big names know their business and reputation will rise or fall on how well they handle their customers in a fairly tight-knit collector community.

I also don't know how many generic auto insurers would go with the high "agreed upon" values we put on our beloved classics
If you did the work your self, and I believe your did because you seem to be a hands on guy, You walk away with a ton of money in your pocket.

Quick Reply: Classic Corvette Damaged During Final Restoration Test Drive