C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

removable hardtop

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 07:36 PM
zogsvette
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removable hardtop

What connectors or adapters do I need to install a removable Hardtop on my 1967 Corvette Roadster . I don't think my Vet Roadster was made to have removable hardtop . The reason I don't see any connectors on the rear side . Could someone give the 101 explanation on how I can get my vet roadster connected to use a removable Hardtop ?? I am looking everywhere, You Tube , vet forums on a lesson how to install a hardtop and what do I need to do the installation ?? but I cannot find anything , so may you guys can help me out , here !! Thanks in advance , any help would be useful !! zogsvette
Old 11-15-2016, 08:01 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

welcome. the only Corvette roadsters were from 53-55. roadsters have no roll up windows. what you have is a convertible. now to your question for a hard top you need to drill two holes in your deck lid for the corresponding two carriage bolts in the hard top. there is also to nutsets in the corner of the deck lid that a bolt on each side that bolts to the hard top. it can all be seen in the AIM under RPO C07
Old 11-15-2016, 08:56 PM
USMC 0802
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 959 Likes on 490 Posts
USMC

zogsvette,

Welcome to the forum!

To clarify the above post:

"Roadster," "convertible," whatever, call it whatever you want. I have a '66 with a removeable hard top and no time for pedantic bullshit

AIM = Assembly Instruction Manual. It's is a great resource for almost all of your questions about how things go together.

The hard top mounts at the windshield (same as the convertible top), the rear decklid and the rear mounting holes on the sides of the deck lid approximately next to your shoulders.

As far as the hardware to mount a hard top goes, you'll need this kit:

http://www.parts123.com/corvettecent...50b&ukey=01966

In addition, the holes that the previous poster mentions drilling holes in the rear deck lid. You'll need a set of these (and rubber washers to go under them):

http://www.parts123.com/corvettecent...50b&ukey=49828

You get the idea, but assuming you have a hard top, you'll require the side brackets (they go on the inside edge of decklid), etc. Follow the links above and search the site for the other bits you'll need.

Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
warrenmj (11-15-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To removable hardtop

Quick Reply: removable hardtop